Updated MLVFS supporting Canon HW compressed MLVs

Started by bouncyball, April 25, 2017, 08:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giarcpnw

I just tried the new version. I'm new to it. Still don't know how to activate the command line controls  BUT.... grayscale previews on 3k 12bit vids. I imported a DNG sequence from the mounted drive straight into AE CC and output a MOV just fine if not a bit slower. Vertical Stripes were gone after selecting them in the interface. Huzzah! on this release.

Craig

erikbaldwinson

QuoteWell, what comes to my mind first is: do you use 32 bit dokany/mlvfs on 64bit Win7? I compiled native x64 binary, so dokan must be x64 too. Install this package: https://github.com/dokan-dev/dokany/releases/download/v1.0.3/DokanSetup_redist.exe and then copy from C:\Program Files\Dokan\Dokan Library-1.0.3 to mlvfs dir 2 files: dokan1.dll and dokanfuse1.dll.

Thank you, working now! One more thing tho, http://localhost:8000/ is now an empty white page?
Also, in resolve this is happening..

bouncyball

Quote from: erikbaldwinson on April 27, 2017, 01:05:21 AM
Thank you, working now! One more thing tho, http://localhost:8000/ is now an empty white page?
Also, in resolve this is happening..
Don't know about resolve issue but for correctly display settings web page you absolutly have to change dir (cd) to MLVFS folder when running it from the command line. Otherwise mlvfs can not find needed files to display page corectly. Also it can not find focus pixel maps.

bouncyball

@g3gg0:

Quote from: g3gg0 on April 26, 2017, 10:38:34 PM
i am happy to take over a cleaner one.
does your version support multi component compression?
Unfotunately, as I said in the first post encoder needs some work (correct component support). However MLVFS decodes it without problem along with hw encoded files.

I made a pull request with a small fix absolutely necessary to decode compressed files produced by mlv_dump in crop_rec_4k branch. The main header been overwritten at the end by /* fix frame count */ code, hence videoClass was wrong 0x01 istead of 0x21.

regards
bb

g3gg0

thanks for the fix.
i think it leaves LZMA flags (which still could appear) set now instead if LJ92 :D
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

erikbaldwinson

QuoteDon't know about resolve issue but for correctly display settings web page you absolutly have to change dir (cd) to MLVFS folder when running it from the command line. Otherwise mlvfs can not find needed files to display page corectly. Also it can not find focus pixel maps.

You're the man! thx!

bouncyball

@g3gg0: Thank you for merging it so fast :). LZMA flag needs attention, correct, almost forgot about it.

Kharak

I am interested in trying out MLVFS, I understand it works for Windows now aswell?

Can someone point me to a thread on setting it up ?

I run Win 8.1.

once you go raw you never go back

Markus

Tutorial:
https://youtu.be/6v4EWj0zXDs
I didn't get this new version working on win 10 though...
I get instant "this program stopped working" when executing mlvfs.exe.

Let me know if you have any luck on win 8

hindra

Quote from: Markus on April 30, 2017, 12:14:09 PM
Tutorial:
https://youtu.be/6v4EWj0zXDs
I didn't get this new version working on win 10 though...
I get instant "this program stopped working" when executing mlvfs.exe.

Let me know if you have any luck on win 8

I have it working on Windows 10, just got it up tonight. I had to install the x64 installer and it was good to go. Thank you everyone!!!

EDIT: The only bug I'm noticing is I cant close MLVFS unless I go into the task manager and end task. My raw files come out really cool/blue. Other than that everything looks great.
SL1 100D.100A - 5D - 7D2 - 5D3 1.2.3

bouncyball

Quote from: hindra on May 05, 2017, 04:33:31 AM
The only bug I'm noticing is I cant close MLVFS unless I go into the task manager and end task.
Use 'dokanctl.exe' to unmount the drive correctly: dokanctl.exe /u Z (or whatever drive you use)

Here it's location (x64 ver) and usage:

C:\Program Files\Dokan\Dokan Library-1.0.0>dokanctl.exe
Driver path: 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dokan1.sys'
dokanctl /u MountPoint (/f)
dokanctl /m
dokanctl /i [d||n]
dokanctl /r [d||n]
dokanctl /v

Example:
  /u M                : Unmount M: drive
  /u C:\mount\dokan : Unmount mount point C:\mount\dokan
  /u 1                : Unmount mount point 1
  /u M /f             : Force unmount M: drive
  /i d                : Install driver
  /i n                : Install network provider
  /r d                : Remove driver
  /r n                : Remove network provider
  /d [0-9]            : Enable Kernel Debug output
  /v                  : Print Dokan version

Quote from: hindra on May 05, 2017, 04:33:31 AM
My raw files come out really cool/blue. Other than that everything looks great.
Let me guess - you used auto or aperture/shutter priority exposure mode.

hindra

Quote from: bouncyball on May 05, 2017, 09:49:03 AM
Use 'dokanctl.exe' to unmount the drive correctly: dokanctl.exe /u Z (or whatever drive you use)

Here it's location (x64 ver) and usage:

C:\Program Files\Dokan\Dokan Library-1.0.0>dokanctl.exe
Driver path: 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dokan1.sys'
dokanctl /u MountPoint (/f)
dokanctl /m
dokanctl /i [d||n]
dokanctl /r [d||n]
dokanctl /v

Example:
  /u M                : Unmount M: drive
  /u C:\mount\dokan : Unmount mount point C:\mount\dokan
  /u 1                : Unmount mount point 1
  /u M /f             : Force unmount M: drive
  /i d                : Install driver
  /i n                : Install network provider
  /r d                : Remove driver
  /r n                : Remove network provider
  /d [0-9]            : Enable Kernel Debug output
  /v                  : Print Dokan version

Let me guess - you used auto or aperture/shutter priority exposure mode.

Thank you for the instruction on unmounting the drive. I did not use any auto exposure mode, it was manual at f4, iso 200 1/60th but I believe I was on auto WB.
SL1 100D.100A - 5D - 7D2 - 5D3 1.2.3

Markus

QuoteI just keep getting mlvfs stopped working when i try to test this new verison of mlvfs.
I installed the newer Dokany 1.0.3 and I'm using the mlvfs.exe from the link in this thread. (https://bitbucket.org/bouncyball/mlvfs/downloads/?tab=downloads)
I had standard mlvfs that worked previous to trying this build. And I uninstalled the older version of Dokany before trying out the new version.
Avast and windows defender went bananas when I first tried to execute it but since then I added exceptions for that library.
In the old version of mlvfs there were a bunch of other files besides the mlvfs.exe in the same folder so I also tried to add these to the new versions location but got the same stopped working error.

After installing this version of MLVFS on a win 10 computer at home without Avast (firewall/antivirus prog.) I got it working without problems. So somehow the initial crash that occurred when Avast virus search kicked in have permanently made mlvfs.exe crash on that computer.
I tried adding exceptions for mlvfs in both Avast and windows defender,  even uninstalling Avast, Reg edit cleaning tools, re-downloaded and reinstalled mlvfs and dokany. Nothing has worked so far.
Also recreated the same problem on a win7 computer that's also using avast.  After mlvfs crashes due to Avast virus check It keeps crashing every time you try to start it after that.

Does anyone have any Idea how one crash can make that file crash forever on that system even though you reinstall dokany and download the mlvfs-file once again?

bouncyball

Quote from: Markus on May 07, 2017, 12:18:59 AM
Does anyone have any Idea how one crash can make that file crash forever on that system even though you reinstall dokany and download the mlvfs-file once again?
Yes I also experienced this with Nod32. MLVFS crashed all the time randomly. Stopping only file monitoring service helped but not fully. After uninstalling antivirus _entirely_ issue has gone away. Well that kind of protection software hooks all file IO (and not only IO) under its control so there is no surprise that MLVFS, also very intense on file system multi threaded IO, does not like this.

My rule is: when using MLVFS - antivirus is an enemy :). Under Windows it definitely causes performance/crashing issues.

bb

D_Odell

Hi! Using Mac OS 10.12.5 with latest of MLVFS. Things have been working quite good. But today after shooting Full-resolution LiveView: 5120 x 2768 at 7.4 fps (14bit lossless) MLVFS keeps crashing Finder. Unmounting and force robot Finder only hangs the computer. Reboot to make it work again. Any clues?
5D3 [size=6pt](OLPF removed)[/size] :: 1.1.3 :: Canon FD L Serie

milank

After trying everything in this thread, I must say that mlvfs on steroids is broken on Win7_x64, as reported earlier here.
The executable keeps crashing, and the Esset AV activity has no effect on this.
The previous version works like a charm :(

bouncyball

First of all there is no any "MLVFS on steroids" in the nature.
Second please describe the environment you use and provide information and some MLVs to test and reproduce crashes.

bb

milank

Win7_x64, and following procedure described in the first post. Carefully restarting after each step in addition. No matter what arguments I supply, I get APPCRASh shortly after calling it.
What environment did you use for compiling it?

bpv5P

For people developing this software, Zstandardt is the new next thing on lossless data compression, maybe it could help save some space (although I don't know where to use it in this case... BTRFS is already adding support for it):
http://www.zstd.net/
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Facebook-Linux-Zstd

For people using "anti-virus" on Windows: stop. It will not make your computer more secure. For explanation, just look on how these "anti-virus" works. If you want more security, install uBlock on browser and don't open random documents while surfing or from email.

bouncyball

@milank

Quote from: milank on August 07, 2017, 04:58:23 PM
Win7_x64, and following procedure described in the first post. Carefully restarting after each step in addition. No matter what arguments I supply, I get APPCRASh shortly after calling it.
Well if you carefully read 1st post of this _exact_ thread you should notice that there are none of the instructions of using MLVFS. Just download links. Maybe you meant this thread http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13152.0

Quote from: milank on August 07, 2017, 04:58:23 PM
What environment did you use for compiling it?
Windows 10 pro x64, Visual Studio 2015, compiled native x64 binary.

Btw you mentioned that previous version worked without issues. This updated version is exactly the same as previous for uncomperssed MLVs (it just additionally supports compressed ones).

So... if you used uncompressed MLVs the result must be the same. But if you use compressed ones you can't even compare because previous version simply does not support them.

bb

milank

ok, let's start again.
I meant this thread, starting from working previous version of mlvfs.exe.
Downloading new mlvfs.exe, installing DokanSetup_redist, rebooting.
While previous version (11.2.2016) still working, new version results in APPCRASH when executing without arguments. Therefore no link to whatever MLV file.
Uninstalling 0.8 (win32) dokany does not help. Digging in ProcMon, I see no significant difference comparing both versions.
MVC++2015_redist_x64 installed. Disabling AV does not help.

Markus

Have experienced the same problem. Couldn't fix it on the computer that crashed on first launch due to the virus protection kicking in. Got it working on my gaming pc though. Made sure that virus program did not interfere there. No reinstall/uninstall measures could get it working on my work pc though :-(

bouncyball

@milank

OK then :).

If:

1. you uninstalled Dokany ver 0.8
2. installed Dokany version 1.0.3 (x64)
3. downloaded latest mlvfs.exe (x64)
4. created new folder and put this binary and two needed files: "jquery-1.12.0.min.js" and "html_template.html" to it (also some .fpm focus pixel maps if needed)
5. copied 2 DLLs (dokan1.dll, dokanfuse1.dll) from "\program files\dokan\dokan library\" to this newly created folder
6. disabled antivirus entirely!

and MLVFS crashes right after starting the binary

then

either you messed up with Dokan DLL versions (x86 instead of x64)

or

It's really weird and I guess, unfortunately, something is wrong with your system

Please try those steps on some clean windows system and report back.

regards
bb

milank

I confirm the steps you described, but the problem persists.
Seems like the only new mlvfs.exe is suffering, as dokanctl.exe is running fine as well.
So giving up for now, will survive with mlvdump for the time being.
Thank you, anyway.

EuAcelasi

Quote from: bouncyball on April 26, 2017, 09:57:53 AM
Well, what comes to my mind first is: do you use 32 bit dokany/mlvfs on 64bit Win7? I compiled native x64 binary, so dokan must be x64 too. Install this package: https://github.com/dokan-dev/dokany/releases/download/v1.0.3/DokanSetup_redist.exe and then copy from C:\Program Files\Dokan\Dokan Library-1.0.3 to mlvfs dir 2 files: dokan1.dll and dokanfuse1.dll.
Downloaded the package to the created MLVFS_x64 directory; Installed all the dokanSetup exe, copied the 2 files into the MLVFS directory; then what?.... How do I get to mount the new Z drive? when I try executing the mlvfs.exe it stops working... I downloaded the x64 version...