Vietnam backpacking | 10 bit slowmo | 5DIII

Started by Savy, April 09, 2017, 08:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savy

Hi guys  :)

a friend and me went backpacking in Vietnam last month. It was an amazing experience and I made a short movie about our journey.
Recorded everything in 1920x818 10-bit. Most of the shots were recorded with 48 fps and some with 65 fps.
Only had two lenses with me (Canon 24-105 and Sigma 35 1.4 ART) and everything was shot handheld.
Drone shots are stock footage.

If you have any questions go ahead and ask me :)

greetings,
Jan

QuickHitRecord

Really nice, Jan.

What transition pack did you use? They added a lot of energy to your edit.
5DmIII | January 27 2017 Nightly Build (Firmware: 1.23) | KomputerBay 256GB CF Cards (1066x & 1200x)

Savy

thank you :)

you can achieve such transitions with the "handy seamless transitions" pack.

_OLLE_

really good! I also wonder about the transition and where you got the sound effects from?

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Hans_Punk

Handy Seamless Transitions | Pack & Script | After Efects Project Files - Videohive template...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbRJL9Nd_YM

Great work @Savy!

arrinkiiii

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

tigerbengal2009

awesome video Savy, how do you get those really nice clean night shots? what was your max iso, shutter speed? neat video plug in? ettr?,

Savy

thank you very much guys :)

@tigerbengal2009: if I remember correctly shutter speed was 1/50, max iso 6400. I usually use the zebras to expose as bright as possible without losing important information. Denoised the footage with neat video

JamesSteele

Really liked the idea of muffling the music when the shot moved under water. [emoji1]

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Savy on April 14, 2017, 10:55:16 AM
...I usually use the zebras to expose as bright as possible without losing important information.

Bold choice @Savy! Do you know if the Zebras were set to default for RAW @ 99% by any chance?

QuoteDenoised the footage with neat video

Really nice results actually and Thanks for sharing this beautiful well shot of slo-mo stuff. Perhaps next time try combining DarkFraming Averaging Process together with Neat Video especially for ISO 3200 & 6400. You'll be amazed w the results of color noise removal. Even may not need to use Neat Video after all.  :P
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

limey

Savy

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on April 17, 2017, 06:48:14 PM
Bold choice @Savy! Do you know if the Zebras were set to default for RAW @ 99% by any chance?

any recommendation? I tried ETTR in the beginning but felt like it exposed to dark. But maybe I had wrong settings. Overexposure threshold is not used for RAW zebras :)

QuoteReally nice results actually and Thanks for sharing this beautiful well shot of slo-mo stuff. Perhaps next time try combining DarkFraming Averaging Process together with Neat Video especially for ISO 3200 & 6400. You'll be amazed w the results of color noise removal. Even may not need to use Neat Video after all.  :P
thank you! :) I tried to find out how that works a while ago but wasn't successful :D (I'm on windows btw)

@JamesSteele & limey: thank you guys  :)