Author Topic: 3K/UHD 5D2 Raw development and Other Digic IV Cams  (Read 26887 times)

nikfreak

• Developer
Re: 3K/UHD 5D2 Raw development and Other Digic IV Cams
« Reply #150 on: December 06, 2017, 04:33:37 PM »
title says it all: "..and other digic IV cams"  and I bet the 7D will fit 3K continuous recording too :P
As far as I understand the LCD doesn't freeze now any more while recording 10/12bit @danne??
70D.112 & 100D.101

Danne

« Reply #151 on: December 06, 2017, 04:59:28 PM »
title says it all: "..and other digic IV cams"  and I bet the 7D will fit 3K continuous recording too :P
As far as I understand the LCD doesn't freeze now any more while recording 10/12bit @danne??

No freezing, no corruption, only happy, healthy MLV files  :D

*update. mv1080p mode that is

Walter Schulz

« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2017, 05:43:48 PM »
Try 720p60 in Canon menu with crop mode ... Frozen LCD here ...

reddeercity

« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2017, 06:39:28 PM »
I'll ask nicely one more time , please stay ON TOPIC !!!
If that can not happen then I will remove this thread all
Together , as I started this thread and all information will be
Lost .

dfort

« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2017, 07:05:28 PM »
This is for UHD/3.5k development.

Right, like I said before:

There are lots of parts to this.

You can continue trying to increase the image size but you won't be able to pass all that data to the card unless you reduce the bit depth and compress it.

This seemed like the best place to discuss the features needed to get Digic IV cameras recording at the highest possible resolution but since you feel I'm off topic I'll move the 10bit/12bit discussion somewhere else.
5D3.* 7D.* 700D.115 EOSM.* EOSM2.103

reddeercity

« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2017, 08:21:50 PM »
Thanks, I agree there many parts & compression will be needed
At some point but not right now . I what to focus on max resolution
& custom buffers . I just don't what HD resolution 10-12bit discuss here
It better on the 10-12bit thread

dfort

« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2017, 09:09:21 PM »
Just as a suggestion, you probably should get the 5D2 working with the "basic" CROP_PRESET_3x3_1X before attempting the more advanced stuff. I helped with that on the EOSM, 700D, 100D and work is in progress on the 650D and 6D.

Whatever path you take to get to higher resolution on these older Digic IV cameras, best of luck!
5D3.* 7D.* 700D.115 EOSM.* EOSM2.103

Audionut

• Global Moderator
  • Blunt and to the point
« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2017, 01:32:37 PM »
Hats off to you reddeercity.  You've gone from a 'typical' user to someone willing to dip their toes in the water.  I was excited to see you start this thread, but so busy at the time that I never got around to jumping in and sending some praises your way.  The funny thing about coding for ML is that no one really knows what they are doing.  Some people can for sure code better then others, and some people have more knowledge regarding some things then others, but it's all trial and error to begin with.

My advice would be to let the conversation flow, even when it begins to go a little off-topic.  Even in the off topic discussion, you're likely to find pieces of the specific part of the puzzle you are trying to solve, and sometimes it's just best to move onto another area of the puzzle, and then come back to the original area of the puzzle after you've had some success elsewhere.  I also prefer to split discussions that become large and deserve their own thread, rather then one or two posts.  So if the off-topic drags on for to long, send a pm and I'll happily split it.  And try to remember that we're all working towards the same end goal.  dfort isn't here to ruin the party, take all of the accolades or all of the attention, he seems to have some good amount of spare time atm, and he also seems to be dumping all of that time into ML.  This is a good thing for the project, and in my eyes, the project always comes first.  Take advantage of his time and knowledge, bug him about coding stuff.  Bug him for knowledge.

And the guys with all the know how need to remember that things that might seem easy, or common sense, generally aren't so easy for us plebes.  And sometimes we're happy just to plod along at our own slow pace, despite the common sense.  If that's frustrating for you, well, what goes around comes around.   :P

I get email notification about PM and forum reports, and always check emails.  I can find time if I'm really needed.  I'm here to help.  If you need to vent, pm me, make it obvious you need to vent.  Then vent.

And lastly, for the sake of clarity, deleted threads only disappear from a users point of view, mod+ have access.  Keep that in mind if you accidentally delete something, it's not gone, just pm me with the details.