telephoto zoom lens or converter lens

Started by TobWag, April 25, 2017, 10:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TobWag

Hello Everyone.

I'm so glad I found this forum and it is great to be here! So over the past few days I was lurking around and finally decided to register.

I currently own a Canon EOS 700D and recently started using ML. A friend of mine told ma about it. I still need to get used do it, but I guess it just takes time.

Right now I'm looking for a new telephoto zoom lens. Or I should say I'm not sure about it. I own a pretty basic 18 to 135 mm zoom lens. But I'd like to get a new (better?) one. So far I found a Sigma and Tamron 70-300 mm lens suitable for my camera. I guess the Tamron is a bit more expensive than the Sigma.

I figured out another potion would be a (telephoto) converter lens. So I did some research  and checked out some websites classified adds and found some on http://www.for-sale.ie/telephoto-converter-lens. There are plenty available but I don't know which one I should pick. I guess this would definitely be the cheapest option because both lenses mentioned above are pretty pricey.

So what should I do now? Get the converter or a proper telephoto zoom lens, and which one? I was also thinking to by a used lens. Are there some common pitfalls to avoid?

And the last thing: are there some (known) issues with the lenses above in conjunction with ML? Is there anything I have to consider with regard to the converter lens as well?

Sorry for all the questions, but I don't know so much about lenses. Therefore any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Tobias.

mothaibaphoto

Quote from: TobWag on April 25, 2017, 10:09:50 AM

are there some (known) issues with the lenses above in conjunction with ML? Is there anything I have to consider with regard to the converter lens as well?
It's no possible to close aperture on Canon stm lenses when shoot with FRSP (silent) module.

TobWag