crop_rec on steroids: 3K, 4K, 1080p48, full-resolution LiveView

Started by a1ex, April 01, 2017, 11:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savely

Can someone give a clue how to make camera to rec h264 proxy on SD and not on CF card?

Jerome6405

Hi there,

I tested this experimental firmware and that's amazing the video I can get from my "old" 5d mark iii, a big thanks to the community and THE developers.

My only concern is about missing mlv_snd module which is for me the reason I won't keep this firmware on my camera right now but I've seen that you are working on a subbranch which add this module, is it already somehow working or blocking issues are still to be fixed ?

I would have love to help (being myself a developer but more web/mobile oriented), I dont have the level I guess to dig into C/Perl code base.

Thanks again and if you need testers I am here.

etienne

Quote from: Savely on July 06, 2017, 11:53:26 AM
Can someone give a clue how to make camera to rec h264 proxy on SD and not on CF card?

In ML Menu under the tool icon you will find "Card Settings" in that menu you will find Preferred Card choose SD Reboot and your done.

Savely

Quote from: etienne on July 08, 2017, 04:42:48 AM
In ML Menu under the tool icon you will find "Card Settings" in that menu you will find Preferred Card choose SD Reboot and your done.

Thanks, I did, but it still doesn't rec h264. So I assume this option doesn't support any crop_rec mode?

nlp

Anyone know why I get blank screen playbacks for anything other 14bit?  Anything recording in 10 or 12 bit at any frame rate on playback its just black.  Thanks

etienne

Quote from: Savely on July 08, 2017, 02:06:30 PM
Thanks, I did, but it still doesn't rec h264. So I assume this option doesn't support any crop_rec mode?

Exact it works only when realtime liveview is availaible it does work however with the crop mode enabled with the zoom (not the one inside ML)

The_bald_guy

Can you direct me where I can download the update to record sound on the lastest build? I dont know how to work around bitbucket.
I basically want to record sound in regular 24p 1080p but I want the 50p 3x3 option from the latest update (I dont need sound for this option).

I just dont want to change cards each time I need sound.

hjfilmspeed

@The_bald_guy https://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/job/crop_rec_4k/36/artifact/platform/5D3.113/magiclantern-crop_rec_4k.2017Jun19.5D3113.zip
This is for 5D3 fir 113
Oh wait sorry I'm not sure if this version records sound. I missed that you needed that.
I think you have to compile it if you want sound.

Boygetslost

Hi everyone
I have been using the Jun 19 crop_rec on 5d iii with kombuterbay 1106 card.

Most of the higher res crop modes stop recording almost immediately, I get maybe a second.

If there something I'm missing here? Something I haven't set up right.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

fvanlint

You probably forgot to set FPS override.

Quote from: Boygetslost on July 17, 2017, 04:06:07 AM
Hi everyone

Most of the higher res crop modes stop recording almost immediately, I get maybe a second.

Thanks

D_Odell

Quote from: Boygetslost on July 17, 2017, 04:06:07 AM
Hi everyone

Thanks
Which settings do you use?
5D3 [size=6pt](OLPF removed)[/size] :: 1.1.3 :: Canon FD L Serie

Boygetslost

This is what I have been using. On the crop modes It just starts recording then stops.
The normal modes like 1920 1080 or 1920 1220, seems to work fine.

Any ideas? Am I missing a setting? Or using a wrong build?

Thanks
Chris

photos to upload in fb

Walter Schulz

The settings you're showing are far from being sufficient. Compare to first post of this thread and read a1ex' remarks about this mode.
-> Frozen LV, low ISO and scene allowing good compression rate.

rob_6

@boygetslost,

Check out this video created by hjfilmspeed! It was a huge help for me! Thanks again hjfilmspeed!

Rob

Quote from: hjfilmspeed on May 13, 2017, 08:31:59 PM
@whysodifficult @rob_6
This video is not for those new to ML. Try this at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage this video may bring if your camera explodes or bricks. Magic Lantern is not responsible either. It will probably just brick not explode though.
Magic Lantern 3072 2.35:1 12 bit Lossless RAW Recording from the CROP_REC_4K build from 4-29-2017
Once you have ML installed and the correct build on your SD card, this video should help you set up your 5DIII to record 3K almost continuously depending on the scene. Remember ML on SD and Rec to CF.
Remember this build is experimental and not for those that are new to ML. Try at your own risk.

Boygetslost

Thanks Rob!

Just what I needed, I have a much better understanding of it now.

Getting much better results.

Savely

Has anyone noticed bug on x5 crop_mode (3,5k) - sometimes center adjusted to the right. I mean you have an object almost perfectly at center and when you see a footage, it's on the right side of picture. Yet can't figure out what it depend of.

sys73r

Quote from: hjfilmspeed on July 14, 2017, 06:31:25 PM
@The_bald_guy https://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/job/crop_rec_4k/36/artifact/platform/5D3.113/magiclantern-crop_rec_4k.2017Jun19.5D3113.zip
This is for 5D3 fir 113
Oh wait sorry I'm not sure if this version records sound. I missed that you needed that.
I think you have to compile it if you want sound.

hey @hjfilmspeed is there any thread which shows how to compile a module? I'm looking for sound on the crop rec as well, happy to test out.  cheers.

budafilms

Sound, when you shoot is a good idea.
Please, share the build.

Rcercer

Is  possible to use these 1920@60fps without RAW mode? In ALL-I maybe? Thank for your atention!!

Savely

Quote from: Rcercer on July 28, 2017, 07:13:49 AM
Is  possible to use these 1920@60fps without RAW mode? In ALL-I maybe? Thank for your atention!!

If that'd be possible there wouldn't be needing for Magic Lantern at all.

etienne

Any news on bringing the MLV_SOUND to work with that branch?

sylvain_c

Is anybody know how to achieve 3072x1920, I can't find the good set up in the camera to go up to 3072x1320?
5D MKIII 1.1.3

g3gg0

Quote from: etienne on August 03, 2017, 12:16:26 AM
Any news on bringing the MLV_SOUND to work with that branch?

sorry, not yet. quite busy with having a life ;D
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

hjfilmspeed

Quote from: sylvain_c on August 03, 2017, 06:29:43 AM
Is anybody know how to achieve 3072x1920, I can't find the good set up in the camera to go up to 3072x1320?
This could possibly help:

motionSOUL

Totally dumb question (but to better understand what is going on): what are the differences between 3.5K 1:1 centered x5 and 3K 1:1 for the end result? Why using the first one over the second or vice versa?
I have managed to record 3072x1286 - 2.39:1 files with the two with correct LiveView Preview (Frame mode / lagged) and very close framing (just few pixels differences)...

Thanks,

S/.