Brooke + Josh's Wedding - 10bit MLV 1080p

Started by MitchLally, March 31, 2017, 08:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MitchLally

Hey guys,

Shot this wedding – 3 x 5D3's @ 10bit FHD 24fps. Shot solo – was quite a handful on the day but came up well in post. My first time using Davinci Resolve Studio and the noise reduction feature.

Shot about 1.6TB of footage between 3 cameras.

Feedback welcome :)

Cheers.

DeafEyeJedi

Once again wonderful use of ETTR (especially w the OTS shot of the Bride during the ceremony) and yet I love how you crush the blacks so clean. Obviously the noise reduction in Studio Resolve helps a bit in this one. Care to share which glass were you using on all three 5D3's?

Curious to see comparisons between this and a version from ACR via AE. Yeah I know I'm dreaming but how exactly did you export this and better yet which converter did you use in post for the 10-bit MLV's?

Also if you don't mind me asking what made you decide to go for 10-bit instead of 12-bit and could have taken advantage of the DarkFraming Average processing to help get rid of color noise cleanly without affecting the quality of DNG's.

Again I'm a big fan of your work and trust me running 3 cameras (sometimes one more) can be quite challenging but no matter what ML has always served us well under gruesome conditions.

As always thanks for sharing @MitchLally!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

MitchLally

Thanks!

All the lens info is in the video description on youtube. I would use ACR but crunching that much footage through AE would take weeks. I used MLVFS for the conversion. Converted to LOG using the Arri LOG C curve in resolve. I rendered out 4444 log files then brought the edited sequence from premiere back into resolve for final grade and NR. 10bit purely because of the data rate. I avoid going over 2 TB because its just too much to buy a drive for  every shoot. I only have 4 256GB cards too. I have no idea what darkframe is so is there a tutorial on how to execute that? Would love to know. Thanks mate.

promLesnit

Wow That 67 looks fantastic. Great looking ride and wedding pictures.