April Fools thing made me forewer lose an unrepeatable picture

Started by fb2017, April 03, 2017, 12:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fb2017

Yes, I know how to disable ML at startup, and I have ML free cards. Yet yesterday, April 1rst, while preparing to take a photo of one of my kids, the stupid message pops up locking up the camera and making me lose the chance. That picture will be now lost forever, all because some unresponsible developer (or group of them) are allowed to place such bugs in the code. You're proving nothing with it, you can't tell me I was not prepared (I was) and not to use ML for serious stuff (it's always on my 6D working very reliably. IT ONLY crashed during this April's fools day message). You're absolutely pathetic.... thanks for nothing.

bpv5P

The picture is a crop from reality, as Roland Barthes would say. You probably should be experience those moments, instead of just take pictures of it. You memory of your loved ones is more important than show a picture on social media.

> thanks for nothing.

Nothing? a1ex, g3gg0 and other developers just changed the way we do low-budget movies after the development of Magic Lantern. Never before in history before ML we could get a $500 camera and get a solid quality from it. On ancient times $500 would just pay for a 30min 16mm film.
It's a community work, and you should not rely solely on it. Let me do a question: how much have you donated? How much do you help this community at all?
You should just leave or stop being such an idiot, please.

fb2017

Yeah, I am a long term (>20 years) contributor to the Linux Kernel (you're welcome, I am sure you use my work somewhere in your collection of devices). In any volunteer work set of principles I know, the first rule is: Don't purposefully make things worse than they were without your work. In Magic Lantern's case, I would gladly NOT have any of your fancy functions if the price for this is lost unique pictures opportunities. 

> You probably should be experience those moments, instead of just take pictures of it'

Ha Ha, oh brother!! You're too quick to call me an IDIOT (is this forum not moderated?) and yet allow yourself such advices. Please keep them for yourself, they're worth nothing in my world.

Like I said THANKS FOR NOTHING! April 1st 2017 was the last time I used Magic Lantern, and I will make sure to publicize the real risks behind your software: "Intelligent" developers, allowing themselves liberties worth of 12 years old kids... You guys would not survive 1 day in a serious development environment, be it opensource or closed source. Purposefully damaging someone's property is actually unheard of...

> a1ex, g3gg0 and other developers just changed the way we do low-budget movies after the development of Magic Lantern.

Yes, but if a low-budget film maker just happened to waste even 10 USD because of this message, they purposefully caused damage, didn't they?

g3gg0

please calm down all...

well, sorry if that rough behavior of the nag screen caused trouble.
the code was a one-shot thing and already removed some time ago and is no longer in the sources.
(iirc it was removed a year ago, correct me when i'm wrong)

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!