5D III 123 audio menu missing

Started by tsepeto, February 20, 2017, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsepeto

Hello and have a nice week
I installed magiclantern-Nightly.2017Feb12.5D3123 and in audio menu there is only speaker volume and beep test tones. Analog- digital gain, input shource, wind filter etc are missing.
I was trying to install older builts even the old one that i use and there are all this in audio menu, but i cant fix it.
Could you please help me.

tsepeto

Thank you very much for you reply. I wonder why all these audio features included in older builts but now are not avaliable any more for 5D3 123. I remember that my previous ML built in the same camera have these options. What is the reason for this change?

Walter Schulz

You may want to check older builds for 5D3.123 and 5D3.113.

tsepeto

I tried some older builds and even builds that they had full audio menu, but they didst bring back full audio menu.

Walter Schulz

I don't understand what you want to say by "even builds that they had full audio menu". Please rephrase.

tsepeto

I mean that in previous builds that i use about six months earlier has complete audio menu with analog- digital gain, input shource, wind filter etc. Now i tried to install older builds (the same that i use six months earlier)  but the audio menu has only  speaker volume and beep test tones.

hyalinejim

AFAIK everything you need is in the Canon audio menu and therefore isn't needed in the ML menu for 5D3

donse

Well, with all respect, @hyalinejim, i find that to be a bold statement about an effectively overrated Canon audio-interface of the 5D mkIII:

Having to 'go out' and into the Canon menu to adjust the MISSION CRITICAL audio input volume is additional steps of navigation away and NOT anything like quick and convenient  - and miles off when compared to the 'ONBOARD' ML-solution of the old mkII-build (2.1.2).

Second i find the Canon audio interface to be having options missing i.e. the rec. signal routing (ext/int/combo) when compared to the 'old' ML-audio interface.

Thirdly there is the MISSION CRITICAL issue of controlling the 3.5 output volume: This feature is completely hidden and non-visual (no graphic interface) in the Canon audio interface (and no override facility either). This was not the case in the mkII ML-build that had a nice control panel for that too (via VCR audio-out).

This is in fact all audio functionality that i miss very much just about every day (i use the mkII more than the mkIII for this reason alone) and really i wish that in another life programming and coding was a hard core capability of mine. Now i'm just having to be hoping for other more capable individuals to take up on the challenges here and finally crack i all open... :))

DeafEyeJedi

Have you tried pressing the 'Q' and you're right there on the bottom (just be sure to leave ARL highlighted) within from this quick menu?

If you want the complete Audio Controls from ML then look into getting either a 7D, 60D, 600D, 5D2 or even the 550D (& 500D).
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

donse

Hi DefeyeJedi,

Thx and yes. That is the rec-level control (Only. No routing, no output volume).

The not so nice effect of pressing Q for input level control is here, that the ML-interface is off hence the UV-meters are absent and i'm effectively maneuvering in the dark resulting in the most possible event of several forth-and-back menu/push-button operations in order to get the level right. Just not the most wished for sound-interface (hate to sound to be bragging, sorry, not my mission here at all).

However, the output volume sequence ( Q -> RATE + Multicontroller) is a true two-handed nightmare and any hint (?) on simplifying this and not the least obtaining a visual (graphic interface) for this audio output control is greatly appreciated?

[And if the amp for output volume could be squeezed a little bit more here, it would definitively be a good thing too...;)]

Showtime45

As I see , with a 5d mark iii with 1.2.3 , i can't have a complete audio module and option to change the sound and I don't have possibility to change the bitrate for h.264 video ?

It is exact or I have to do something in other module or load an update for this feature?
Thank for your help !