Force FPS Override for LIVEVIEW when using gphoto

Started by m.greve, February 10, 2017, 01:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m.greve

Hello user,

i am an hobby astronomer. I have got a Canon 600D connected via USB cable to my indoor pc when taking pictures with my telescope outdoor.

Now i could find the fps override function in ML. It is great to focus on stars when pressed the liveview button in M-Modus (bulk). With fps override i could see more stars on the screen...

The problem is, after focusing  and  taking a pictures  with gphoto2 command, the next time i will focusing i will start again the liveview (using eos-movrec or gphoto capture movie and pipe it to vlc) the fps override is not running. I only cann activate it again by pressing by hand the button. So i have to go to my backyard an push the liveview button again ...

So, i think that ML couldn't recognize the commands for liveview comming from my pc.
The fps override can only be started by pressing the button?

Is it possible to force the fps override for all situations? Switch on the cam, control it from pc, etc.?

Any solution?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Matthias Greve

a1ex

I'm not sure I understand what the issue is - does the camera get out of LiveView after taking a picture?

I find it hard to believe; more likely, the camera might exit LiveView because of a powersaving event (but that doesn't match your description).

There is an option to start the camera in LiveView, if that helps. Otherwise, please describe the issue well enough so one doesn't have to reproduce your setup in order to understand what's going on (e.g. use screenshots or record a movie of the screen).

m.greve

Hello a1ex,

i will try to make it clear what i need:

1) The cam is switched on and connected via usb cable to my PC
2) The Cam is in M-Modus to make the pictures of stars
     I will take them with gphoto2  it and this works!
3) To get the best focus i use eos_movrec which shows me the preview on the pc. I check the correct focus position, switch off eos_movrec and will take  additional pictures...
This works fine to the point i will use ML to make the preview of eos_movrec much more brighter by using the very nice mode of fps override.
This works great when switching to preview by pressing the preview button at the cam.
This won't work when starting the preview again by using the eos_movrec tool. I only get the "normal" darkerr preview.
I thinkt that the fps override is not able to be started from pc over usb.
Using eos_movrec i can switch to fps override by pressing the preview butten for 1-4 times. Then the preview ist getting in fps overide modus.

But i do not want to go out in the garden to press the viewbutten when wanting focussing.

Hope you can understand me now