Sending an photo from my camera to my phone

Started by ItsMeLenny, January 16, 2017, 11:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsMeLenny

Does anybody have any ideas for sending a selected image from my camera (550D in this case) to my android phone?

I can think of some sort of external rig using a small computer and bluetooth, I'd have to power it with something and probably have it have its own interface to be able to select which image I want to send. Although I have seen things set up through USB that can control options in the camera, and in turn the options in the camera can control the USB, so maybe a small script of module could be written to control the computer, an extra send button or the like.

Anybody have any other ideas? Less is more :P although if you have some elaborate rube goldberg like electronic set up do share.

littlebobbytables

Doesn't that already exist in the form of the DSLR controller app? I think this has the functionality you're looking for. I use it for monitoring video on the 550d and it works fine with magic lantern as well.
50D, 300, BMPCC4K

eduperez

Perhaps a wifi-enabled SD card can meet your needs; you cannot "send" files from the camera, however: the external device has to "grab" them from the card instead.

ItsMeLenny

Quote from: littlebobbytables on January 17, 2017, 12:06:41 PM
Doesn't that already exist in the form of the DSLR controller app? I think this has the functionality you're looking for. I use it for monitoring video on the 550d and it works fine with magic lantern as well.
I have no idea what you are linking to.

Quote from: eduperez on January 18, 2017, 10:50:03 AM
Perhaps a wifi-enabled SD card can meet your needs; you cannot "send" files from the camera, however: the external device has to "grab" them from the card instead.
Obviously the camera cannot send the files. As I explained an example of a set-up.

littlebobbytables

Quote from: ItsMeLenny on January 18, 2017, 12:39:36 PM
I have no idea what you are linking to.

dslrcontroller.com

It's not free, but it's good.
50D, 300, BMPCC4K