7D not booting. Help please

Started by three6ty, January 14, 2017, 08:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

three6ty

Hi,
I put this in the camera specific forum but this part seems to have more traffic. Apologies for the double post but I really need help on this fast.

Today I installed ML on a 7d mk 1. All seemed to go well. But now whenever I switch the camera on it is completely dead. I have followed the trouble shooting guides to no avail. I try putting in another memory card without ML on but camera remains dead. However if I switch the camera on without a memory card installed the camera comes on. Any help very much appreciated. Many thanks.
Cheers, Rich

Walter Schulz

Please check card slot for bent or missing pins.
If everything is ok here: Copy extracted nightly build content to card and retry

Report results.

three6ty

Hi,
After a serious amount of messing round I got the camera to read the card. I ended up running the uninstall and everything is back to normal now.
The only thing I can think of is I am using a cf adaptor so I can use sd cards. It did take a few attempts to install the 2.03 firmware and ml. I really want ml on this camera so I will buy a proper cf card and retry. The camera does work fine under normal use with the cf adaptor and fast sd cards.
I'll report back when I try the new cf card.
Cheers, Rich