Ode to my 7D

Started by LoO93, January 09, 2017, 10:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoO93

Hello dear ML-Community! I'm new here, 23 years young but it's been a while that I've been enjoying this wonderful little piece of software that is ML on my beloved 7D.

I thought it was about time to share some of the work I did thanks to the enabled RAW-possibilities:

https://vimeo.com/198382823

Every clip was captured with an Canon EF 20mm 1:2.8 optic, custom neutral picture profile and using the ML .mlv-format, resolutions of 1728x864 & 2400x1200.

Using MlRawViewer, I applied a 3D-LUT, made some minor exposure corrections, exported most of the clips in C-log to AppleProRes 4444 and used Premiere for the cut. I'm pretty happy with the results I got straight out of the MlRawViewer.

I hope you guys enjoy this and I'd be glad to get some feedback!

Thanks again to ML for making all of this possible.

HappyBlack

This makes me miss my 7D.

Love the music track; well-suited for the images.
All in all - very captivating.

Simonwb

5D3.123 | 5D4 | C100ii | 16-35 f4 | 24-105 f4ii | 70-200 f2.8ii | 50 f1.2 | 100 f2.8 | Samyang 16, 24, 35, 50, 85, 135

cmccullum

Very nice!

One thing though, I was all set and ready to rave about how much I loved the color, but then I remembered I'm watching from my iPhone, and night shift was turned on so I turned it off and watched again. Sad to say, I didn't love the color :\ it still looks really nice, I just think it looked way better with the added warmth. What LUT did you use?

Roberto Mena

Very beautiful images! You really know how to get the most out of your 7D with MLV RAW! I too have a 7D using MLV and shooting a short film and am surprised there aren't more people investing in one of these instead of BMPCC which is about half the cost and close to the quality of it especially if you know how to shoot with it.

Scott7D

Very nice imagery

Just curious if you used a VAF filter for the 7D to get rid of some of the moiré?
http://www.mosaicengineering.com/products/vaf/7d.html

LoO93

Sorry for the delayed answer but I'm in the middle of my exams for College and I didn't really expect to get some replies to be honest.

@HappyBlack Well thank you very much, glad to hear that :)

@cmccculllum taking notes for the colours and here's the link to the LUT I've used: http://juanmelara.com.au/print-film-emulation-luts-for-download/
I took the Kodak2383 one ;)

@Scott7D thanks for the nice words and no, I didn't use any VAF filter. It's actually the first time I hear about this and would love to try one, but I'm not sure where to get these in Europe.

Thanks for the feedback! Excited to share more

cmccullum

Cool man! Thanks for the link

DeafEyeJedi

@LoO93 -- Thanks for sharing your video. Indeed the good ole' 7D is still rockin' and currently more than ever w 10/12-bits (still in experimental mode) so be sure to check that out while you're at it and perhaps help us troubleshoot bugs and whatnot in order to help fine tune it all into pure magic!

Also don't forget to check out the infamous 48p unstretched bug discovered by @N/A which is quite useful coming from a 7D.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Roberto Mena

DeafEyeJedi, what do you mean by "Indeed the good ole' 7D is still rockin' and currently more than ever w 10/12-bits (still in experimental mode)"? What do you mean by 10/12-bits?