A Portrait of Macerata - thanks to ML :)

Started by islandinthewest, August 02, 2012, 06:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

islandinthewest

I shot this while wandering around a beautiful old Italian hill-town. I didn't have any room for extra monitors or accessories traveling overseas, so I really had to rely on Magic Lantern for exposure with this shoot, and it served me very well.
I used the Technicolor Cinestyle preset on this shoot, and I love how ML lets you preview the shot in standard but automatically record in Cinestyle.
I also used the timelapse feature in ML to shoot the two timelapses in this film - left the intervalometer at home!

By the way, I sort of came up with a new way to post-process timelapses, as you'll see in the final shot of this video. I've never seen anyone else do this before - have any of you guys? If not, I'll probably make a video showing people how to do it.
Thoughts?

Michael Zöller

So beautiful! What did you use for the dolly-like shots? What Camera did you use?
neoluxx.de
EOS 5D Mark II | EOS 600D | EF 24-70mm f/2.8 | Tascam DR-40

ilguercio

I really like it in every aspect. You've done a great job with your camera.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

kihlbahkt

Lovely work. I would love to see a tutorial on your post work for image sequences.
600D x2

bart

islandinthewest

Thanks, everyone!

The slider is based on an Igus rail, and I've been really happy with it. The total cost of the slider + motor-assembly was only around $175. I have two different lengths of Igus rail, and the motor attaches to either of them very easily. I was also able to mount it at an angle to get the two crane-style shots in this short video. I'll shoot a video going over it this week.

I used my T2i with the kit lens and a 50mm f/1.4. I had to pack super light for this international trip, so I left all my toys and big lenses at home. My whole kit had to fit into one small shoulder bag, and the slider went into the same bag as the tripod.

I'll work on doing a tutorial for the timelapses, too.

- David

Michael Zöller

Very informative. Thanks. I'll definitely look into the Igus rail!
neoluxx.de
EOS 5D Mark II | EOS 600D | EF 24-70mm f/2.8 | Tascam DR-40