Require help with 5D3 Canon Firmware.

Started by marcosphoto, January 07, 2017, 04:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcosphoto

Hi there, I am very new to Magic Lantern although been following it for some time since my 5D2.   I was curious if anyone could advise the best OEM firmware to have installed in my 5D3 should I plunge into trying ML out.  Presently I have only the second and quite old firmware.  I am aware that ML works with either 1.1.3 or 1.2.3 but I suspect there is a favorite.

Also, I need a reliable source to download the firmwares from, Canon refuses to give me past versions of course and they are harder to find than one might think.  I found an old link here on the forum that is still active, http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Official_Canon_firmware_updates     and I downloaded 1.1.2 & 1.1.3 & 1.2.3 but am a little worried to use them for fear of illegitimate files (although not even sure this could be done).

Appreciate all your help, and I'm pleased to see that ML has been succeeding so well - goes to show not everybody is corrupted by money and some still work towards a cause.

Walter Schulz

You will find links to proper 5D3.113 and 5D3.123 firmware files in the download section. Top of page -> Downloads -> Download Nightly Builds -> 5D Mark III 123 and 5D Mark III 113

In 5D3.113 section there is a link to thread "Forum - 5D Mark III 1.1.3". Open and read first post.