Full wedding shot with 5D Mark III RAW + My raw workflow

Started by MitchLally, January 02, 2017, 05:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MitchLally

Hey guys, I recently completed another wedding film shot 98% on the 5DIII RAW MLV and a couple of shots from the 5D mark IV (4K 24p).

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CD0kE52OZM&t=259s

I'm all about getting the 'neutral' canon picture style look in the raw files so I also developed my own colour workflow. If you liked the way this film looked check out my tutorial on how I did that.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr0a1o6wS9c&t=61s

Thanks a lot for checking it out!

GutterPump

Very nice work and big thanks for sharing your workflow.

It's clear and very usefull.

canneloni

The Video is very nice and the workflow looks interesting, i will give it a try, thanks!
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

dariSSight

This video is awesome, very informative and something I've been look for the last 4 years of Magic Lantern. I'm using 5D Mark II so I'm curious what lens did you use, what the highest ISO did you use and lastly do you prefer DiVinci over Adobe Raw and AfterEffects to process into ProRes4444XQ?
Canon 5D Mark II

ddelreal

MitchLally

Quote from: dariSSight on January 03, 2017, 12:01:59 AM
This video is awesome, very informative and something I've been look for the last 4 years of Magic Lantern. I'm using 5D Mark II so I'm curious what lens did you use, what the highest ISO did you use and lastly do you prefer DiVinci over Adobe Raw and AfterEffects to process into ProRes4444XQ?

Thanks! I have a tonne of lenses. 24mm 1.4 Sigma Art, 35mm 1.4L Canon, 50mm 1.8 STM Canon, 85mm 1.4 Sigma, 135mm f2 Canon and Samyang and two Canon 70-200 F4 L IS. I went all the way to 6400 ISO in the dance floor footage. I do prefer resolve for speed but After Effects for noise reduction and sharpening (also I'm a photographer and very used to ACR controls so that helps).