EOS-M with Sound and 50D Footage

Started by maxotics, December 18, 2016, 09:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxotics

I can't believe the Magic Lantern engineers got sound to record with RAW on the EOS-M!  I am so looking forward to getting a 7D to replace my 50D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHmCNBFH414

Unlike my previous video, I will not offend your senses with in-camera 8bit video footage ;) 

Also, again, if anyone has an current-build configuration for getting dependable 24fps non-crop video from the 50D please let me know.  I still get crashes.  Thanks!

dfort

@maxotics - welcome back! So you held onto that EOSM? Lots of new stuff going on with it.

A few of us are trying to find some addresses in order to get older models, like the 7D and 50D, working with the new 10/12 bit raw video branch. That might help with the crashes you're getting.

Levas

your eos-m video on youtube looks like it needs some vertical unstretching ???

maxotics

Levas, yes, I normally resize (un-stretch) but liked the look so left it.  I also don't want to let ML get "un-fun" for me again by trying to do too much ;)   

I sold the 2 EOS-Ms I had a couple of years ago. I bought another last year for a price I couldn't refuse. It sat around for awhile. I've had 2 BMPCC.  Bought, sold, bought, sold.   Had Olympus Primes.  Great cameras.  However, felt it was a lot of money to tie up in something I don't use often.  If I keep going here, I might get one again.  I also had a Sony X70 camcorder.  What a beautiful clean image.  BUT, a one inch sensor limits shallow DOF.

I have a Sony A6000, a5100, A7, and A7R.  Great all a-rounders! I just don't get the emotional feel I get from RAW.  As much as I see the benefits in 4K (true 1080 in my opinion) it still feels a bit sterile, unless you start with the C100, or BM 4K. 

Anyway, I ordered a 7D last night.  I was going to get a 70D until I saw the EOS-D do sound.  Again, I'm blown away by the accomplishment!

dfort.  As always, any way I can help, let me know! 

dfort

Quote from: maxotics on December 19, 2016, 02:31:28 PM
dfort.  As always, any way I can help, let me know! 

Make sure we're leaving no focus pixel uncovered.  ;)