Sorting Dual ISO from Non Dual ISO in LR

Started by NickZee, December 13, 2016, 08:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickZee

I've seen the "(unreliable)" option for making the file name DUAL0001.cr2, but could ML add a rating, keyword, or color (anything metadata related) to the Dual ISO images instead? Would it be more reliable then changing the name? 

The end goal is being able to sort DISO from non-DISO images in LR.  Since DualISO can be turned off by AETTR without notice (if enabled), there is no way to know which are which in LR (except by looking at them).  So, I just selected all the images and exported.

Only processing DISO images is especially important because cr2hdr Lightroom plugin lets you know every time it has encountered a non-diso image with this lovely message. It stops the dualiso exporting process until you click ok

Therefore, there is no way to run it overnight, or for extended periods of time, with a mixture of DISO and non-DISO image selected for export. 

Of the 1300+ images I exported with cr2hrd LR Plugin, the noticed stopped the process 369 times.  Each time requiring a manual intervention.

Any solutions I'm missing?

Thank you ML community!

Architectural Photography
NickZimmerman.com
5D MK3 & 600D | 24-70mm USMII L 2.8 | Nikon 14-24mm 2.8 | Nikon Nikkor 24mm 2.8 AIS & 50mm 1.4 AIS ** Windows 8.1 Pro | 32GB Ram | i7-4770 @ 3.4GHz

Danne

I guess you could simply turn of the message in cr2hdr code and it would proceed processing.

a1ex

IMO this should be sorted in the Lua plugin (maybe by collecting all error messages and showing them at the end).

If you convert from command line (e.g. cr2hdr *.cr2), regular files are skipped (though autodetection takes a few seconds).

Walter Schulz

Same thought here.
@NickZee: Try triggering kichetof with PM.
If unresponsive we may have to send some beer.