Can't hide overlays

Started by tallrob, December 13, 2016, 12:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tallrob

I've had an old ML version from 2010 on my 5D mkii for years, and decided to try out some new builds. I've got Nightly.2016Dec03.5D2212 installed now.  I'm not sure if it's appropriate for me to file a bug report since I'm quite inexperienced, so I thought I'd check if I'm just doing something wrong with the new build.

I use my 5D for a photo booth at weddings and parties and used ML to get a clean signal for reviewing photos as they're shot on a monitor hooked up via HDMI.  I did this by setting Overlay Global Draw to either QuickView or ON, all modes, and all overlays set to OFF.  It always worked flawlessly before but now it's unreliable. With the monitor unplugged, the built-in screen shows the standard Canon overlays for a second and then switches to the ML overlay, whether they're on or off (in which case it's a clean signal). But with the monitor connected it's inconsistent.  Sometimes the ML display shows but sometimes it's the Canon standard, intermittently.

I've tried everything I can think of.  Is this a known bug?

-Rob

tallrob

a1ex

Not sure I understand your use case; can you record a video showing the behavior of both old and new versions?