Working with HDMI LCD monitor

Started by Mn8, December 01, 2016, 09:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mn8

Hi,

I am a newish ML user, I love it.  I bought a SmallHD OLED 7.7" monitor to check focus, its amazing, but using the HDMI monitor is not as smooth of workflow as working with the camera monitor.

Whenever I am in Liveview on the HDMI, it goes off when I take a photo, and the photo 2 second preview doesnt happen, and I have to hit Liveview to make use the HDMI monitor again or it turns blue. To see the photo, I have to hit the play button, it doesnt do a 2 second preview to the LCD monitor, which is what I would like or on the camera monitor at least.

Is there a way to enable the 2 second photo preview on the hdmi monitor, or enable both the hdmi monitor and the cameras monitor so I can see a photo review.

Are there any options that will make using this HDMI monitor on camera all the time easier?

I would like the LCD Monitor and Camera monitor to both be on if possible, and be able to go right back into Liveview after I take a photo.

I have a Canon 6d and SmallHD AC7 OLED.

Thanks,
Anthony

a1ex

The question about both monitors at the same time was already answered a couple of times.

Switching to main LCD while the HDMI monitor is plugged in is probably easy. If anyone feels like tinkering with this, the implementation should be similar to the easy part from audio monitoring (where ML code is preventing the LCD display from turning off when a RCA cable is plugged). In other words, I think it should work just by faking the status of the HDMI connection (see the Hotplug task), but didn't try.

Also FYI, you can adjust the duration of the preview ;)