Using flash with image stacking

Started by shantelleno1, August 19, 2015, 02:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shantelleno1

I have a Canon 600D, Yongnuo YN 560 III Flash, Yongnuo RF-603C II Wireless flash triggers and am using Magic Lantern Nightly2015Apr19 600D102. I am trying to do some image stacking and am unable to get the flash to fire (on and/or off camera) while Magic Lantern is doing its thing. I understand that the flash will not fire while in live mode so I enabled the Flash Tweaks > 3rd p. flash LV but this made no difference. Can anyone let me know how to enable the flash while focus stacking please. I have seen tutorials on youtube that have the flash firing so I know it is possible.

Thanks,

Shantelle.

limey

Are you enabling your flash in the canon menu? Or just test firing a few shots in regular mode to see if it works? I've focus stacked with flash before without problems.

shantelleno1

Hi limey.

Yes, my flash is enabled. It refuses to fire in live mode but as soon as I turn live mode off it fires. As ML uses live mode for image stacking, it looks like I will be unable to use my flash. I did a little further investigating and found a lot of posts stating Canon have disabled 3rd party flashes from firing in live mode due to some voltage concerns.

Thanks for your assistance anyway,

Shantelle.

limey

I know this is an old post, but for those that come across it still. You can use the cheap yongnuo triggers to fire the flash off camera.