Standalone Raw Image progressor

Started by reddeercity, October 23, 2016, 08:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddeercity

Hello browsing though SourceForge open source software and came across jdlRaw_0_8_2_Windows programs
It's a lot like ACR but better , you have a lot of choice on debayering algorithms , different color e.g. Lab , RGB , load icc profiles etc.. .
A cool thing , I converted the Camera Raw VisionLog DCP I have to icc profile and load it up to Log  8)
Description from  SourceForge ,
QuotejdlRaw manipulates raw images from digital cameras and is based on dcraw and imagemagick.
It does exposure correction, curve application in RGB/CIELAB space and USM/Refocus sharpening. Includes also lensfun and noise reduction algorithms.
Just playing around with it right now and I like it a lot some screen shots below:

jdlRaw_digital_light_Raw_ConvertorScreen_Shot_1
by RedDeerCityTV, on Flickr

jdlRaw_digital_light_Raw_ConvertorScreen_Shot_2

jdlRaw_digital_light_Raw_ConvertorScreen_Shot_3

jdlRaw_digital_light_Raw_ConvertorScreen_Shot_4

jdlRaw_digital_light_Raw_ConvertorScreen_Shot_5

jdlRaw_digital_light_Raw_ConvertorScreen_Shot_6

jdlRaw_digital_light_Raw_ConvertorScreen_Shot_8

jdlRaw_digital_light_Raw_ConvertorScreen_Shot_9

The last 2 screen shots are the Info tab about the dng file , it looks like it reads all the Raw Tags plus some other metadata
I'm very impressed with what it can do , I think it's a Must have Tool at least for PC's I'm not sure if there's a Mac version , didn't really check.

Edit: Oh yea , here the link to it https://sourceforge.net/projects/jdlraw/

DeafEyeJedi

WoW I'm actually at loss for words...

Now this better work under Wine and thanks again for yet another gnarly find @reddeercity!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

reddeercity

Thanks @DeafEyeJedi I found many other too just need to review them to see if there's more useful app's

axelcine

@reddeercity -  I think we've got us A WINNER. When DeafEyeJedi approves of something, it's like getting the Blue Ribbon. I'm certainly going to test this one out.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

dfort

Quote from: reddeercity on October 23, 2016, 08:21:54 AM
...I converted the Camera Raw VisionLog DCP I have to icc profile and load it up to Log...

You did that using just this program? Could you please elaborate?

DeafEyeJedi

It's not just about the usefulness of this app (or others) but seems you were able to convert a DCP log profile to an icc profile which could help give us clues for Picture Styles profiles in the reverse engineering thread. Please show us how exactly this was done?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

reddeercity

Quote from: dfort on October 23, 2016, 02:49:08 PM
You did that using just this program? Could you please elaborate?

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on October 23, 2016, 06:22:14 PM
It's not just about the usefulness of this app (or others) but seems you were able to convert a DCP log profile
to an icc profile which could help give us clues for Picture Styles profiles in the reverse engineering thread. Please show us how exactly this was done?

Sure , no I use a different program/App as I posted here on the Reverse Engineering Picture Styles thread called dcp2icc.exe from SonicForge.net
Then I just imported the icc from saved location from the external profile dropdown window in the generic menu

reddeercity

Danne

I don,t have a windows machine but maybe you can tell what the output looks like with the icc profile applied? Dcraw normally applieas "raw_color" with icc applied but maybe the code will differ here. Does the icc profile look like the dcp profile when applied after conversion?

reddeercity

Quote from: Danne on October 24, 2016, 07:05:50 AM
Can you tell what the output looks like with the icc profile applied?
Yes , there is real-time updating  but it that a second or so but is does look the same as the camera raw dcp file in ACR more or less.
WB is off a little but I need to understand more about the menu option (there so many variable for raw debaying) it is close thou
but on the warm side.

Quote from: Danne on October 24, 2016, 07:05:50 AM
Does the icc profile look like the dcp profile when applied after conversion?
Yes I would say , WB is off I need to learn about the debaying option's and all option in general.
It's really close , for comparison I exported a tiff from A.E. with VisionLog.dcp applied with some exposure gained up to 1.8 stops
and then I exported the VisionLog.icc  from the jdlRaw convertor as tiff with less exposure about 1.0 stop but I'm not sure
if it read the same as acr.

Below are the files the jdlRaw convertor WB is off but I need to play with it more

Tiff from A.E. ACR/Camera Raw VisonLog.dcp

M15-1536_VisionLog.dcp

Tiff from jdlRaw convertor VisionLog.icc

M15-1536_VisionLog.icc

In my dropbox link there is the original Cdng , Camera Raw Visionlog.dcp Cdng that A.E. generated ,
16bit Tiff from A.E. , 16bit tiff from jldRaw Convertor and the .xmp file from A.E.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/og15a02tw40nwjo/AADwoPDCnQQRQ8jZFxGOzTIHa?dl=0

** Note**This was not the best image for testing

Edit: Will one good thing I notice was the jldRaw Convertor pass's though all the metadata from the camera 
I saw the info on my Flicker page  ;)