New server - Please report any problems with the site here

Started by escho, October 11, 2016, 11:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitor

g3gg0 restored wiki from backup, as missing SMF integration led into massive spam infestation. It is integrated with SMF again (requires separate login, but with forum credentials)
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.

ilia3101

I miss the old design :(

But profile pictures work for the first time since like 2018  8)

Thanks!

Walter Schulz

Thanks for fixing wiki SSO!

Minor issue: "Recent changes" look odd and more than a bit confusing.
Initial view is ok but after a very short time additional info is shown messing up the view.

ArcziPL

Quote from: reddeercity on February 22, 2024, 12:58:05 AM"it it's not broke don't fix it" so was there a problem with the old site?
This rule doesn't apply to things exposed in internet. Keeping old, unmaintained software is asking for problems sooner or later. Unfortunately.
M50.110 [main cam] | G7X III [pocket cam] | 70D.112 [gathers dust] | M.202 [gathers dust] | waiting for M5II

whitelight

I was just wondering if there is or could be added an option to reduce the font size to have a more compact view. The new look seems to leave a lot of unused space. Thanks in advance.

g3gg0

Quote from: reddeercity on February 22, 2024, 12:58:05 AM"it it's not broke don't fix it" so was there a problem with the old site?

a) the forum software was so old, i couldn't even figure out what the potential for security holes was
b) the php version used was so old, i couldn't make any updates to the system without breaking at least the wiki too
c) the wiki version was so old and had security holes was just protected by the user credentials that lately revealed to be brute forced with leaked/breached credentials
d) there were too many spam messages by probably (?) leaked user accounts and there was no way to harden the forum against threats as it was so old
e) the database was crippled by too many old plugins messing around with tables

even for e) alone it was time to upgrade to a new forum version, trying to fix.

its like "why dare you to replace that camera (that falls apart), the photos are great!"
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!