DPX Preview in finder OSX Support

Started by reddeercity, September 12, 2016, 06:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddeercity

Hi , It looks look I found a way to get DPX frame/image to generate a preview in Mac OSX finder .

MacPro 4.1 Screen Shot 2016-09-11 at 8.58.58 PM
by RedDeerCityTV, on Flickr

MacPro 4.1 Screen Shot 2016-09-11 at 9.03.05 PM
by RedDeerCityTV, on Flickr

I found a Open Source Pluggin called DPX4Mac on sourceforge.net , link to home page-->  https://sourceforge.net/projects/dpx4mac/
Below is the direct download
DPX4MacQuickLook.A0004-0.1.dmg download

Now you my ask why is this so important ? Will at one time DPX image sequence was supported in FCP7 with Gluetool .
Last year I had some success in getting DPX sequences in to FCPX , The problems was the image was sometimes black then after a reboot it look ok  ,but it was easy to break .
So I thought I would give it a another go and see if I can make it stable . Some my think that's great but why ? Will my hope is to take MLV Raw and convert to Log DPX and
of course I know this can be in command line Etc... . and do all my color correction,  edits ,  Vfx etc.. with DPX files in FCPX.
Please note  I'm using Yosemite 10.10.5 MacPro 4.1 with a Nvidia GTX570 2.5GB ram vid card , not sure if OS X El Capitan is supported

dfort

I just tried it with El Capitan, 10.11.6, and it didn't install. Looks like the programs hasn't been updated since 2013.

reddeercity

Yea I thought as much , my be try this ,  I found the un-install and it says just 2 files are installed :

QuoteRemoving DPX4Mac Quicklook plugin is quite easy. The installer just creates 2 files:
/Library/QuickLook/DPX4Mac QuickLook Plugin.qlgenerator
/Library/Frameworks/DPX4Mac.framework

So try this if you like as I don't have EL Capitan to test ,
I copied  those 2 files (DPX4Mac QuickLook Plugin.qlgenerator , DPX4Mac.framework) and zip it up and put it in my Dropbox
Link --> DPX_4MacPluggin.zip Just copy those files in the right Library folder and see if it works .

dfort

Yes, I saw that too. However things changed around in El Capitan. I'll be able to look into it better once I'm back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk