Hello from Montreal

Started by julienpierb, September 09, 2016, 10:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

julienpierb

Hey hi!
I am Julien-Pier (Like if it wasn't obvious enough).
Hailing from Montreal, Qc, Canada; New York's hot little sister (that not my saying, but my NY friends'). I used to be a professional photographer, but stumbled and fell into depression, sold ALL my gear and isolated myself in a moist cave for years (only parts of it are true, but which?).

Anyway, I decided it was more than time to get another camera, so I downgraded to a Rebel T6i (I used to work with either a 5D, 1D MkIII or a digital Hasselblad which I do not remember the name) to start making videos for my business; I started an amplifier and cab business in the meanwhile and needed something other than a shitty phone cam to take pictures / film videos.
And there it started again; I got addicted to making video, started a "vlog" with my gal, made projects, learned color grading (more like figured out how Premiere worked) and I am now, after a couple months, kind of hating myself for not getting a better cam (well... I could barely afford the T6i... I don't really hate myself that much).
After a couple of Googling and trying to figure out why the f**k did my footage were uneditable, I found alternate color profiles (thanks to the guys who reverse engineered CineStyle) and kind of got a sense of a better-working camera.
But still! What a dismay when I found that the T6i wasn't supported by ML (which I learned at about the same moment I learned about ML).

I am going to stick here. You guys seem like a bunch of nice folks and I really appreciate the dedication of the big brains working extra hours to make ML happen.
I'd really dream of being able to help, but I do not have much knowledge in programming other than to screw-up codes to do data bending videos.
If there is anything I can do, ask me. Do not hesitate! I do not sleep much and I do a lot of filming so I can probably be of some use for testing stuffs on the T6i.

Ciao bye Ciao