Author Topic: Canon 5D Mark IV  (Read 152331 times)

reddeercity

Re: Canon 5D Mark IV
« Reply #275 on: September 29, 2017, 06:13:14 AM »
Had a chance today to check out the 5D Mark IV at my local camera shop shot a few video clips of 4k (4096x2160 @ true24p) MJpeg 4:2:2 527mb/s
didn't have the new C-Log picture style yet , I uploaded one of the files to my google drive below is the link ,  it's 1GB so feel free to download it and play with it .
I didn't really focus that well so beware .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxNY4d4Aa7KuM1daWV9FUXdpdnM/view?usp=sharing

I recorded it on one of my CF card that has ML on it from my 5D2

AOK

• New to the forum
Re: Canon 5D Mark IV - announced
« Reply #276 on: October 09, 2017, 01:25:53 AM »
And Digic 6 is around us since 2014, November (7D2) and a generous offer (750D for free) for anyone willing to port a 750D is still open. Only lately we saw substantial progress: Bootflags for Digic 6 cams. 
So: What do you expect? If you have any ideas we all will listen ...
So if I understand you correctly - the issue is that the Digic 6 (5D4 is 6+, which I hope wouldn't be that different, or?) is still not reversed? Even after 3 years? :-( How unfortunate! This is really unpleasant. And canon's firmware is so not nice as yours.... :/

NeoUnleashed

• Just arrived
« Reply #277 on: October 15, 2017, 05:33:47 PM »
Hey,
i'm gonna have the Mark IV in the mid of december for a shooting and i wanted to ask the coder for the actual status?
I've never used ML for special Video codec tweaks etc. However, i never got really used to the Canon Menu, instead
i love to set the Aperture, ISO etc. manually per ML menu (sounds weird, but that's how it is :D). The only 'plugins'
i use from ML are: Intervalometer, MagicZoom and DualISO. So is it possible that a beta version of ML for Mark IV
will be ready until December only with these core functions? As i said i don't need all these video codec stuff, so
maybe other features already working, but aren't released because the coders waiting to finish the "full ML"?
Would love to hear from your information and predictions! :)

Walter Schulz

« Reply #278 on: October 16, 2017, 02:18:06 PM »
Top of page -> Downloads -> Download nightly builds -> Scroll down to "Your cam is not listed?"

Trying to adjust reality check: Devs haven't found out how to run ML code with Canon firmware on Digic 6 cams. Not a single line. Not even "Hello, World" written to screen. Zilch! So don't hold your breath and read my advice: If there is no ML for your cam act like there will be no ML for this cam ever.

AOK

• New to the forum
Is ML dying?
« Reply #279 on: October 22, 2017, 07:29:27 PM »
So don't hold your breath and read my advice: If there is no ML for your cam act like there will be no ML for this cam ever.
So are you suggesting that the ML is slowly but surely dying?

Walter Schulz

« Reply #280 on: October 22, 2017, 07:31:14 PM »
No, that's your interpretation. I'm suggesting if there is no ML for his cam he should act like there will be no ML for this cam ever.

AOK

• New to the forum
« Reply #281 on: October 22, 2017, 07:59:20 PM »
No, that's your interpretation. I'm suggesting if there is no ML for his cam he should act like there will be no ML for this cam ever.
OK. And are there any newer cameras reverse engineered then?

Danne

« Reply #282 on: October 22, 2017, 08:05:25 PM »
I think this was a good answer. Also read the link.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=17627.msg191184#msg191184

legreve

• New to the forum
« Reply #283 on: November 13, 2017, 07:36:55 PM »
I really don't see log as something incredible and amazing in the 5D4... can't really see why it's called log anyways.

When I compare my FS7 logged footage to my 5D4 logged footage, they are vastly different. The log footage on the 5D4 almost goes from black to highlight in a waveform.

Thankfully I got the log upgrade for free, so no harm done. But I would LOVE to see a ML Raw edition of the 5D4 camera. That would be amazing, and doesn't even have to be 4k.

dfort

« Reply #284 on: November 13, 2017, 08:26:18 PM »
can't really see why it's called log anyways.

It's log, it's log,
It's big, it's heavy, it's wood.

Seriously, it is short for logarithmic curve. Here's an article that simplifies log vs. raw. Technically all "photo styles" use some variation of a log curve but the "log" like in S-Log, V-Log, etc. are technical curves to get the most information possible out of the sensor without having to save the raw data. You need to be very careful with exposure and white balance when shooting log but I'm sure you already know that.
5D3.* 7D.* 700D.115 EOSM.* EOSM2.103