Author Topic: Canon 5D Mark IV - announced  (Read 109428 times)

hjfilmspeed

• Senior
  • 5D III and IV
Re: Canon 5D Mark IV - announced
« Reply #250 on: June 20, 2017, 08:04:29 PM »
So I was doing some thinking. I apologize if this was covered. If or when the ML makes its way to the 5D IV, I was wondering what would the RAW Video/live view capabilities would even be. 4K would be tricky in RAW since I read the CF card slot are still limited. Not sure if this also applies to the SD card slot.

I, personally would be more interested in the full frame capabilities in RAW@ 24fps

Now we know the resolution of the 5DIII Sensor is 5760 / 3x3 Pixel bin brings us to 1920 right? (maybe I am wrong)
With that same math the 5Div 6720 / 3x3 bin would be 2240. This makes me much more excited if this is possible. With compression, in theory, this should rec just fine to the CF card @ 24fps

However, I read (not sure true) the 5D iv does an 4x4 binning during full frame live view. This would be most disappointing bringing our numbers down to 1680 which sadly sounds like a canon move.
On the flip side, since live view understanding seems to be improving quite nicely thanks to ML maybe... just maybe (wishes don't do dishes) ML can force the 3x3 bin and the 5D IV will have a decent 2k RAW 24fps mode.
Canon, no doubt "could" make this happen no problem especially with the new Canon Cinema RAW LITE on there C200.
IMO canon is super dumb for not having done something like RAW 1920 mode on the Mark IV. However I think ML will most likely be able to take the glory here once again. So we can thank Canon for dropping the innovation ball I guess. Just my thoughts.

Ilia3101

« Reply #251 on: June 20, 2017, 08:45:42 PM »
As far as I'm aware (simple) 4x4 binning would result in monochrome video :D, so whoever said that is wrong - don't worry, it has 3x3 binning... unless of course they went full Canon and made it 5x5, which is extremely unlikely and would look terrible
5D2

hjfilmspeed

• Senior
  • 5D III and IV
« Reply #252 on: June 20, 2017, 09:03:59 PM »
As far as I'm aware (simple) 4x4 binning would result in monochrome video :D, so whoever said that is wrong - don't worry, it has 3x3 binning... unless of course they went full Canon and made it 5x5, which is extremely unlikely and would look terrible
hahaha 5x5!!!!
4x4 Binning = Monochrome, never new or fully understood the binning process.
3x3 would be a dream on 5d IV. True 2K WHHAAAAA!
4k rolling shutter is quite bad on mark IV so I could care less about that in RAW.

AlexRo

• New to the forum
« Reply #253 on: July 19, 2017, 08:06:24 PM »
So what's the situation with the 5D Mk IV?? Can someone answer? Did the ML team hack it or is it stil in "not in priority" mode?

Walter Schulz

« Reply #254 on: July 19, 2017, 08:34:39 PM »
Top of page -> Downloads -> Download Nightly Build -> Scroll down to "When will it be ready"

AlexRo

• New to the forum
« Reply #255 on: Today at 12:23:49 AM »
No, I did not want to know when it will be ready. I asked about the situation with the development of ML for 5d mark iv. Is it being worked on or not.
Sorry for my English.