Problems with split RAW files

Started by MadScience, July 20, 2016, 09:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadScience

Hello everyone, so I have a 5Dmk3, and the version of ML I am using is ML5D3123.FIR. I have a few Lexar CF 1066x cards, but they were camera formatted. I know I can format with exFAT to avoid this in the future, but I ended up with a bunch of split files - filename.RAW, filename.R01, filename.R02, etc etc. I used the command prompt as an Administrator to join the files together using the command: "copy /B filename.RAW+filename.R01+filename.R02 JOINED.RAW" to end up with a joined file (JOINED.RAW). I am able to expand this file to dng frames with raw2dng no problem, but each sequence has the same problem. The first part of it is fine, but shortly after it starts, the sequence goes corrupt, displaying a rather psychedlic looking, glitched out, bright red, frames within frames, jumping timeline etc and very obviously "corrupt" sequence of frames... So what it looks like, is even though the files were joined and are recognized by raw2dng, only the first .RAW file is working, but the frames go corrupt when raw2dng starts spitting out the joined parts.

I am on Windows 7 SP1 x64, no access to a Mac. Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on here, how I might be able to make these files work, etc?

Thanks

MadScience

Figured it out.. by renaming the files to .001-.002 etc and using FSJ I was able to get it to work.