Bricked 60D

Started by dragonlope, July 09, 2016, 06:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonlope

Hi,
My 60D is bricked since earlier this day.
I tested two batteries and two SD Cards, formatted them and made the bootable with eosdcard then put on a fresh nightly build.
Diagnostic Tools:
Display Test works,
LED test works,
Rom Dump Works,
putting a fresh and bootable ML SDcard in results in permanent light from the led.
For whatever reason if i put my Yongnou 568exII on the hot shoe before putting the battery in, the led blinks.
Also tried booting the camera in every dial mode to no success.
Starting the Camera without SdCard also does nothing.

Also if it might be important: last time i used the camera I changed the settings to back-button focusing.

a1ex

PM me a copy of your ROM, and if you still have it, an older version of the ROM (you can find them under ML/LOGS on the card).

a1ex

Your ROM boots just fine in QEMU, so I'm not sure what's going on.

"putting a fresh and bootable ML SDcard in results in permanent light from the led." -> this probably means the crash happens early in the boot process, so most likely we cannot save debug logs to card.

Do you have a second Canon camera that runs ML, or an Arduino board with a photocell, or just a photocell connected to soundcard input like this? We could try to get a detailed startup log from Canon code.

Do you remember getting ERR 5? I found this in a debug log saved in your ROM (http://pastebin.com/F5gEpW0J):

[STARTUP] DispError 5 ERROR Time 2016/5/19 12:31:7

Also:

[GUI] ASCheckOverrun Time(479s)

My guess would be hardware issue, but I'd like to see a complete startup log to be sure.

dragonlope

After googleing err 5 I do remember that, pushing the pop-up flash button while the flash was obstructed, so nothing wild.
Unfortunately I don't have the means to run the startup log blinker, tried the conventional method and you are right, it didn't save any logs to the card.
So if you think it's a hardware failure I'll send the camera in, since I bought the camera from a retailer a few months ago I still have warranty.
Thanks for checking the files that fast.

Update:
After a month long repair i got the camera back from canon, mainboard was replaced.