Short Film - Mainly Super 16mm but also some 5D3 Raw

Started by rtwomey, June 24, 2016, 08:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtwomey

Graduate film shot with Zeiss Super Speeds on S16mm Kodak Vision 3 250D & 200T along with some marco shots on a 5D mkIII with ML Raw. It was made about two years ago but has been going through festivals until now.

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

rtwomey

andy kh

Just to let u know that this is not the right place to share super 16 films or bmpcc films or red scarlet films..
5D Mark III - 70D

rtwomey

Quote from: andy kh on June 24, 2016, 09:27:48 PM
Just to let u know that this is not the right place to share super 16 films or bmpcc films or red scarlet films..

About 15% was shot ML Raw.

Roberto Mena

I think its cool he showed a 16mm film with some ML footage mixed in. It shows how really good ML video is if you can add it to legit 16mm footage and it blends well enough that it does not distract. Having said that... I am not a fan of 16mm film, especially grainy 16mm. Have you guys seen "Fruitvale Station" staring Michael B. Jordan? It was shot on 16mm and in my humble opinion it looked like crap. I know 16mm has superior dynamic range than digital cinema cameras and resolution and other important elements but I think the surface area of 16mm film is too small to produce a sharp good looking image like 35mm. Or if your working with the processing lab directly to get the best print/transfer possible .. but that costs more. Good job overall on the film... you told a story with images and not words. Not really clear with the ending. But still a good job.

Lars Steenhoff

It looks great, and I'm interested in ML RAW and Film, so to see them together is great.

:)

rtwomey

Quote from: Lars Steenhoff on June 25, 2016, 10:08:09 AM
It looks great, and I'm interested in ML RAW and Film, so to see them together is great.

Thanks Lars. ML RAW gave us a big advantage in post when it came to matching the footage.