Any way to save settings as a preset?

Started by stevelucky, September 09, 2013, 06:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevelucky

Just a thought for an awesome feature (and I would love it if this already exists, though I don't think it does), it would be great to be able to setup complex presets that we could save. So, for example, maybe I want to have a cinescope raw preset where I have a certain resolution and aspect ratio in my raw recording settings as well as have the cinescope cropmark enabled. It would be cool to be able to set it up exactly how I want it and then save all those settings under a preset that I can later recall. I can think of several different presets that I would use often, but take a while to setup and even then I run the risk of forgetting a particular setting, as well as the time that it takes setting it up. How awesome would it be to be able to just have a long list of custom presets that the user can set up and save?

Then you could probably even have these presets available for download so if one of us comes up with an awesome setting for [whatever cool stuff here]  they can share it with everyone. And if these presets were saved as individual files (which would probably be necessary if we were going to be able to share them) they could easily be backed up and when a new build comes out, we could just restore those files and have all our favorite settings easy to access, without having to set everything up again. I don't know. Just a thought. I wish I were a better programmer or I would get right on it. I'm apparently more of an "idea" guy.

Can somebody please confirm whether there is or isn't a way to do something like this?

stevelucky

Quote from: Audionut on September 09, 2013, 07:04:44 AM
Similar suggestion here:  http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7889.msg74221#msg74221

Similar, but my proposition is slightly different. To take it further, it would be awesome to be able to tie presets into the C1, C2, C3 dial modes. I'm not sure if that's possible at all or not, but how cool would it be to be able to use a physical input to be able to change ML settings. I could easily have 3 different ML setups that I would love access to with a turn of the mode dial. Oh, well. I wish I could make it happen but I wouldn't even know where to start.