Prefs - LV display presets - Do you know how cool this is?

Started by kihlbahkt, July 27, 2012, 07:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kihlbahkt

I thought I would share this just to make sure that everybody is benefiting from this preference setting. Like many of the options in ML, Prefs>LV Display Presets opens a new world of goodness when you understand what it actual does for you. Set this option to allow you view up to 4 unique LiveView display settings that can be cycled thru using the INFO button (600D).
This example is for demo purposes on a 600D. Setup each preset with your preference.

ML Prefs>LV Display Presets
Set the value to 2 (4 is max value)
Jump over to Overlay menu in ML
Set Zebras ON
Set Vectorscope ON
Go to Global Draw
At Global Draw setting notice the little Q
Hit Q - Now you are in the second display prefs preset
Set Magic Zoom to ON
Set Crop Marks to ON (also can setup whether to display cropmarks in PLAY mode here)
In LiveView toggle between LV Display Presets using the INFO button

Make sure you pay attention to which display preset you are using and when editing each display preset. (0-3)
You can setup 4 display prefs as you see fit. Immediately go to your camera and start using this great feature.
600D x2

he56ys5ysu7w4

Thanks for the tut. ML is "hidden" with all these kewl feature.
Gonna try it for sure.
Amateur shooting family stills and video
Gear: Canon 600D/T3i -- Sigma 30/f1.4 EX DC HSM -- Canon EF-S 15-85/f3.5-5.6 IS USM -- Canon EF 50/1.8 II -- V3 LCD Viewfinder loupe -- Velbon RUP-L40
Editing with LR3 and FCPX

Mikkel

Canon 600D, HV20, Leica D-lux 3, CZJ Biotar 7,5cm/1,5 T, CZJ Triotar 13,5cm/4,0 T, CZJ Flektogon 35/2,4 MC, SMC Pentax-A 50/1,7, Pentacon 135/2,8 , Tamron xr di II 17-50/2,8 , Miller tripod, and Mac

stevelucky