Raw video doesn't not look natural?

Started by mrtoniparada, April 15, 2016, 08:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtoniparada

I have canon 6d camera and i setup i canon menu video recording in 30 fps, in magic lantern i put in fps override 23.98 fps and after i export video in premiere in same fps 23.98 but video look like its no motion no blur in moving just litlle bit and video is going little fast than normal, i put shutter on camera 1/50 but in magic lantern is like 1/40 i dont know why?

Levas

In the canon video menu, there's also 24fps option. When you select this option you don't need fps override.

Do you have the camera in manual mode, the M mode on the dial ?

mrtoniparada

Yes i am on M mode, i shoot already on 24 fps without override but magic lantern reads 23.98 fps. I don't know where is the problem, video looks like going little bit faster and movement are not natural.

Levas

Probably something in Premiere, make sure the timeline you're using is 24 fps and not 30 fps.
And check on export in premiere if it also exports on 24fps and not 30fps.

mrtoniparada

When i put on canon  menu 24fps magic lantern reads 23.96 so i put on canon menu 30fps and override fps to 23.98 fps and export in premiere at 23.98 fps and still is problem.

Levas

I wouldn't worry too much if it shows 24, 23,96 or 23,98 fps
Why the footage doesn't look natural I don't know.
Maybe you are very used to 30 fps and the 24 fps looks choppy to you because you are used to 30 fps ?
Are you filming in ML raw mlv or are you shooting video and getting MOV files ?
I'm not sure if fps override alters the metadata in a MOV file. It could be that it is seen by premiere as a 30 fps video file.

extremelypoorfilmaker

If you are converting DNG sequences into any other video format through After Effects, REMEMBER to tell AE to interpret the footage at the correct framerate you shot it. It will interpret the footage at 30fps by default.

mrtoniparada

I fix the problem what you say, i put exactly 23.97 fps like video clip and now is good i think last time i put 24 fps or 23.98 fps