How to Call Functions

Started by smeely, March 26, 2016, 06:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeely

Hello,
I am trying to figure out how to call the FA_SetDefaultSetting command in an attempt to recover from an error 70. I'm guessing it is a hardware issue, but I want to at least try a complete factory reset in order to rule out an invalid setting.

I can't figure out where or how to input the command to the camera or config files.

Thanks

a1ex

In general, you should diagnose a disease first, then get the medicine (not the other way).

So, what else can you tell about the error? Camera model? Log files on the card? What you did right before getting the error?

Note that FA_SetDefaultSetting is not equivalent to clearing settings from Canon menu.

smeely

Thanks for your response a1ex.

I have spent about half a day going through other forum posts and anything I could find on resolving the Error 70, so didn't want to re-start the thread and ask someone to re-diagnose yet another one. A bit more background for you:

I first noticed the error when I pulled the camera out of its bag about 8 months ago after it hadn't been used for over a month, so Unfortunately I can't say I know what I did immediately before getting the error. I believe it was probably a photo of my family where I used the "Audio Shot" feature.

Its a Canon EOS 550D
Latest log file: http://pastebin.com/b2tmMSWU

Error Characteristics:
The error only occurs when the shutter moves (and I assume the sensor powers up). IE. When trying to go into live-view mode, taking a picture. The Characteristics remain constant across all the different modes of the camera.

I have tried clearing the cameras settings from the built in menu item, Clearing custom functions, Uninstalling and re-installing ML, Reinstalling Canon's 1.0.9 firmware Clearing ML's Settings, different SD cards, No SD Card, Leaving the battery out for a while, and numerous combinations of the above. Error characteristics have remained consistent throughout.

a1ex

1270: 11931.505 [CAPD] ERROR Image Power Failure

This doesn't sound very well. I'm afraid this one looks like a hardware issue.

I can reflash your ROM into my 550D, or reflash mine into yours, or, as you said, call FA_SetDefaultSetting (just to rule out any software error), but I don't expect this to change anything.

To call FA_SetDefaultSetting from Lua:

dryos.call("FA_SetDefaultSetting")

(I'm going to safeguard this routine in newer nightlies, because it can be abused)

smeely

Thankyou very much.

I had seen that line in the log aswell and was guessing it was hardware, but like you said I wanted to make sure it wasn't software.

Ran the script and it still doesn't work, so thankyou for your help!