How to custom size record in raw video on a Canon EOS?

Started by canon_usar1, March 19, 2016, 12:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

canon_usar1

Hello

I have a Canon EOS 700d (Rebel T5i) and I installed the NightBuild Version 114 successfully. My SD-Card can transfer 90Mbytes per second (of course I know the 700d hardware is limited to 40MB/s and the benchmark test says about 38MB/s). But according to this table:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cgnRivbUv7nA9PUlCLmLdir3gXdIN3pqzCNAAybepc/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=5

recording raw video files in a 2496x1080 size is possible. It is green standing for "best". I like the Movie Crop-function in your Magic Lantern menu. Two questions I couldn't figure out by reading FAQ on your website:

1. How can I change the recording size to 2496x1080?
2. How can I change the recording file format to raw data?

The second question is more important to me. Where can this menu option be found? Am I blind?

Maciej_W

Probably you should enable raw_rec or mlv_rec module in Modules tab first (enabling mlv_rec with mlv_sound module gives you ability to record sound with raw video). Then, after restarting the camera, you will see RAW Video option in Movie tab. It will be also possible to select resolution of the raw file in this option dialog window.