MLV to RAW to DNG ? Couldn't find a GUI so I made a batch :)

Started by remizik, February 27, 2016, 06:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

remizik

Just place the following files together in a folder

mlv_dump.exe
raw2dng.exe
BATCH_mlv2raw2dng.bat
your MLV file
(optional, you can type its complete path if you want later)

start BATCH_mlv2raw2dng.bat
and fill the informations :

then it should start doing its thing

and then the RAW file is processed in DNG files

after the batch closes, your folder should look like this (if you answered "y" when the batch asked you if you wanted to delete the RAW file) :

your DNG files are in the "DNG_output" folder :

I hope this will be helpful, maybe I didn't search enough and there is a nice GUI around :D

can't find how to add an attachment and I don't want to host it somewhere, so here's the content of the batch !

@echo off
cls

set /p INPUT="Input file (select your MLV file) : "
set /p OUTPUT="Output file : "
set /p COMPRESSION="Compression level (0-9) : "
set /p PREFIX="Prefix for the DNG files : "
set /p DELRAW="Delete RAW file after ? (y/n) : "

mlv_dump.exe -o %OUTPUT%.raw -r -l %COMPRESSION% %INPUT%
raw2dng.exe %OUTPUT%.raw %PREFIX%
mkdir DNG_output
move /y *.dng DNG_output
if "%DELRAW%"=="y" (
del %OUTPUT%.raw
)

dmilligan

dmilligan

Since it seems you know your way around Windows scripting, one thing you might could do to help is that MLVFS for Windows needs a user friendly way to be launched (like the Mac version which uses an 'Automator' service for launching it). I was thinking a bat file that could be added as some kind of folder action via the registry (I think that is possible, at least for files, not sure about folders) to show up in the right click menu. That way you could just right click on a folder and see "Launch MLVFS Here" or something like that and it would startup MLVFS for that folder in the next available drive letter.

remizik

Quote from: dmilligan on February 27, 2016, 08:33:43 PM
Since it seems you know your way around Windows scripting, one thing you might could do to help is that MLVFS for Windows needs a user friendly way to be launched (like the Mac version which uses an 'Automator' service for launching it). I was thinking a bat file that could be added as some kind of folder action via the registry (I think that is possible, at least for files, not sure about folders) to show up in the right click menu. That way you could just right click on a folder and see "Launch MLVFS Here" or something like that and it would startup MLVFS for that folder in the next available drive letter.

i'm not that good, took me a quite a lot of googling to make that batch. Sorry I have no idea how to make what you suggest :(

Quote from: dmilligan on February 27, 2016, 08:24:12 PM
Why go from MLV to RAW to DNG? Why not straight to DNG with mlv_dump? You are loosing a lot of the metadata this way.

because i'm apparently freaking blind  :D
i didn't see it was possible ... hahaha

well, here's a simpler version of the batch then :

@echo off
cls

set /p INPUT="Input file (select your MLV file) : "
set /p COMPRESSION="Compression level (0-9) : "
set /p PREFIX="Prefix for the DNG files : "

mlv_dump.exe --dng -o %PREFIX% -l %COMPRESSION% %INPUT%

mkdir DNG_output
move /y *.dng DNG_output
if "%DELRAW%"=="y" (
del %OUTPUT%.raw
)

Kharak

once you go raw you never go back

dmilligan

Quote from: Kharak on February 28, 2016, 12:59:41 PM
And my glimmer of hope for MLVFS (Win) dies again ... :(
MLVFS for Windows is working pretty well. I was just thinking of a shortcut way to launch it.

voblaunsane

Quote from: dmilligan on February 27, 2016, 08:33:43 PM

Make a *.reg file paste the following:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\MLVFS]
@="Mount with MLVFS"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\MLVFS\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MLVFS_x86\\mlvfs.exe\" D:\\MOUNT_POINT --mlv_dir=\"%1\""

you'll have to change
\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MLVFS_x86\\mlvfs.exe\" to where ever your mlvfs.exe is located and
D:\\MOUNT_POINT empty folder to mount your files to..will also need to be surrounded with \" if you use path with spaces..

once you're done, execute this file and context menu should appear with "Mount with MLVFS" option on every folder you right click..

voblaunsane

ups, webgui doesnt work that way for some reason.

FIX: mlvfs.reg (execute this):

@="Mount with MLVFS"

@="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MLVFS_x86\\mlvfs.bat\" \"%1\""

mlvfs.bat (put in a folder with mlvfs.exe):
@echo off
C:
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\MLVFS_x86"
mlvfs.exe x:\ --mlv_dir=%1

Walter Schulz

Great idea to put in context menu.

I had no troubles to go without bat:

@="Mount with MLVFS"

@="E:\\MLVFS_x86\\MLVFS.exe z: --mlv_dir=\"%1\""

Change directory location
E:\\MLVFS_x86
with the one you use

and change z:
to any mount point you like

voblaunsane

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 05, 2016, 09:22:23 PMI had no troubles to go without bat:

My webGUI loading blank and I get fopen errors in console without pointing the command path to mlvfs directory before execution.

I'm on windows 7 sp1..

Walter Schulz

You are right. My mistake: I didn't check webinterface but filesystem only.
Looks like environment issue (working directory related). Had such troubles in another area often.