.MO files

Started by Lasting Image, February 25, 2016, 10:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lasting Image

What are .MO files? If I don't need them (I don't need audio if that's what they're for) how do I keep them from recording to the CF card?
This seems like such a basic question I'm surprised I couldn't find any reference. Sorry if this has been covered ad nauseam.

Walter Schulz

Modules.
https://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/features
Sparse memory resources at startup -> Don't load everything by autoexec.bin at startup, use modules instead after bypassing resource (memory) bottleneck.

Danne

What is the Ken Rockwell zoom?

DeafEyeJedi

Would the upcoming Ken Rockwell Zoom work during video recording (both RAW & H264) if possible?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Frank7D

"What are .MO files?"

Just to be sure, you're not referring to ".M00" files are you?

Lasting Image

Frank7D - They may have been .M00 files. I deleted them as I didn't see any need for them considering how I'm using the .MLV files.  Sometimes they show up on my card and other times not. Why they show sometimes and not others I don't know but would like to find out so I begin to understand what I'm doing differently and how it may influence an end product later on. 
Thanks for the reply.

dmilligan

When you record past the 4GB limit (FAT32 format has this limitation, ExFAT does not), mlv_rec automatically splits the files, it names them .M00, M01, and so forth. If you deleted the .M00 files, then you actually deleted part of your recording.

Lasting Image

Thanks for the reply, dmilligan.

Quote from: dmilligan on March 04, 2016, 10:33:35 PM
FAT32 format has this limitation, ExFAT does not. ... If you deleted the .M00 files, then you actually deleted part of your recording.

:o - well, at least I have some MLV files from my four hundred mile drive to the coast  :-\

Next time I get .M00 files how do I combine them with the MLV files? I'm using MLVFS. I did a quick search of the 45 pages in the  "MLVFS - a FUSE based, "on the fly" MLV to CDNG converter" thread but didn't find an answer.

Walter Schulz

Just place all your <filename>.M* files into a folder and let MLVFS do the rest.

Lasting Image

Thanks for the reply, Walter.

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 05, 2016, 06:53:48 PM
Just place all your <filename>.M* files into a folder and let MLVFS do the rest.

I assume you mean place the .M00 files with the original MLV file in a single folder, in sequence. Or do you mean just the .M00 files in a folder?

Walter Schulz

Just copy every file where extension (that's the string after the period) begins with M: MLV, M00, M01, M02, ....
It doesn't matter if you put them into a single folder together with other recording chunks or into a dedicated one.

Lasting Image

Excellent.  Thanks, Walter.