Cannot convert recorded ML

Started by Frisel, February 16, 2016, 08:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisel

Hi guys,
yesterday I recorded in RAW (MLV) for the maximum amount of time (I ran out of space) and now I'd like to convert it to .mov or .dng but there seems to be some kinda problem.
I never had any problems regarding the conversion but this time, I have these weird files I've never seen before like .M00 , .M01 etc. (see pic 1)
Also there are some to me unknown files (VRAM0.PPM etc.) in the directory where ML is installed (see pic 2)

I am using mlrawviewer v1.3.3
I cannot open any of these files except the MLV files. But I can't export them nor watch them. It just says: Indexing E:/... .MLV: 2%

I really need these files. Please tell me that they're not broken.

Thanks for your time and help
Frisel

DeafEyeJedi

Shouldn't be broken. Please try other converters that have the latest updates such as MLVFS, MLP which works well with spanning files for Mac.

MLRV is great for viewing purposes but the latest is 1.4.3 (not 1.3.3) so maybe that could be it? But as suggested refrain from using converters that haven't been updated in years...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Frisel

QuoteShouldn't be broken. Please try other converters that have the latest updates such as MLVFS, MLP which works well with spanning files for Mac.

MLRV is great for viewing purposes but the latest is 1.4.3 (not 1.3.3) so maybe that could be it? But as suggested refrain from using converters that haven't been updated in years...

Thanks for the reply.
Hmm, couldn't find 1.4.3 and I work on windows not mac so MLP won't work

Frisel

Frisel

unfortunately, I still have the same issue. Any ideas?

Walter Schulz

*.MLV is the first chunk of each recording. M00 follows, then M01 and so on.
Copy <filename>.M?? to your local drive and open <filename>.MLV with MLVRAWviewer. It will load all chunks automatically.

Frisel

Quote*.MLV is the first chunk of each recording. M00 follows, then M01 and so on.
Copy <filename>.M?? to your local drive and open <filename>.MLV with MLVRAWviewer. It will load all chunks automatically.

Thank you very much.
Learned somethin'  :D