N00B Question-Canon T5i/700D Audio menu missing

Started by dfamble, February 16, 2016, 02:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfamble

Hello! I just installed ML on my Canon T5i and I noticed the audio menu was missing. Also, the Magic Lantern help files could not be found. Did I install it wrong? I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. Please help!

Walter Schulz

Audio -> Top of page -> Downloads -> Download Nightly Builds -> Features
Help files -> Top of page -> Downloads -> What are the disadvantages of nightly builds? -> 3rd item ...

dfamble

Re: audio features

The 700D supports the audio_meters function but I don't see it as an option on my camera. Would it be under the audio menu (that is missing)? As I understand on the table, ML supports this feature but my question is where is the audio_meters category? I just can't find it.

I appreciate your help!

axelcine

700d has some audio control built in. You are able to set audio recording levels (see Canon User Guide p.198) - select MANUAL and select appropriate level manually. Audio bars should come alive when ML is running. Avoid audio auto gain control; the sound pumps up and down.
Built-in mikes are better than most people believe - under good conditions they are extremely good (no wind). But professionally I prefer external audio recording. I have a Saramonic Vmic Recorder with micro-SD-card, but the excellent recorders from Zoom and many other vendors are also excellent.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

dfamble

Dssd24

Dfamble were you able to fix the missing audio menu in ML? I too am having the same problem. Using Canon 700d.