ML Build: magiclantern-Nightly.2016Feb13.7D203
raw_rec.mo (2nd lite build)
Cards used: Sandisk Extreme III 8GB 30MB/s
KB 128gb 1000x
PC: ASUS Intel i5 quad core laptop
- Default raw resolution with continuous recording to generate spanned file mlv, m00, m01... etc. The longest went to m14.
- Some alternate resolutions
- 5x and 10x crops
- fps override
- ettr "always on" for all tests
- global draw off for all tests
- kept recording and creating files unill both cards ran out of space
1) When in 10x crop mode recording failed to start when pressing the record start button.
There are 14 MLV files (M18.1841-1855) created with a 1kb size and in the same time window there is a file called backup.raw 512kb that was created. I believe
that these files are all related the 10x recording failure.
Whilst pressing the start record button, I ultimately managed to observe the following message that flickered onto the screen after each button press:
"Raw detected error".
Link to backup.raw file: http://1drv.ms/1R9MEeo
2) When the card ran out of space the following occured:
: The message "Movie recording stoped automatically, Data corruption @slot nn, frame nnnnn (where nn is a numeric number)
This message appeared a few times before ultimately staying on screen. The frame number changed for each occurance of
the message, can't remember whether the slot numumber did.
: The CF access LED remained lit.
: I pressed the stop recording button, waited a bit but nothing changed so I powered the camera off (the LED stayed lit).
At this stage,
: for the 1st (8gb) card, I removed and reinserted both the battery and the CF card (thnking that the camera had frozen).
- Powered the camera backup and receive a message that the camera had not been shut down correctly. Otherwise the camera
booted normally, including ML.
: for the second (128gb) card I just powered the camera backup again.
I received a "CF Card is Full" message, however the camera booted normally, including ML.
: I was able to copy all files off the CF cards to my local harddrive.
From this, my inital observation would be that for the 7D at least, running out of space whilst recording will not brick the camera
or corrupt the CF card.
3) With the exception of the 1kb size MLV files all of the others mounted without error in MLVFS.
localhost view: http://1drv.ms/1Lv3NLp
CMD Lin view: http://1drv.ms/1Lv3TlY
4) Excluding the 1kb size MLV files all of the others successfully loaded into and played in MLVProducer (version: mlvp.alpha.build2224b.INTEL)
5) Via the Dokan v1rc mounts I can successfully import the DNG's into my Photo and video editing applications. A quick visual scan of the individual frames didn't spot
any bad or pink frames.
Let me know if there are any other specific tests that you would like me to do.