Accessing ML enhanced functionality from Lua

Started by garry23, February 06, 2016, 05:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garry23

As I gain greater awareness of Lua scripting, I'm facing an 'obvious' question: how can I access some of the standard ML functionality from within a Lua script.

For example: setting an ETTR exposure.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Cheers

Garry

Walter Schulz

@dmilligan: Can add/readd a list of things not yet implemented in LUA thread starting post? An older version I found mentioned interaction with other ML modules as to do.

garry23

Walter

Thanks for the pointer.

Looking forward to the next Lua update on the nightlies as I a script to publish, but the Lua module needs to be updated :-)

Cheers

Garry

a1ex

You might be looking for this: http://davidmilligan.github.io/ml-lua/modules/menu.html

In particular, these functions:

set (menu, entry, value) Set the value of some existing ML menu entry
get (menu, entry)         Get the value of some existing ML menu entry

garry23

Alex

Once again thanks for the pointer.

If I look at accessing ETTR and returning an exposure to subsequently use in a Lua script, how would one code this is in Lua speak.

Cheers

Garry

dmilligan

I had originally thought about adding some of the histogram analysis functions, but I decided not to. Maybe that's something that would actually get used?

What exactly are you trying to do?

garry23

David

I've successfully written a script that does focus and exposure bracketing for landscapes, but can't fully test until the next nightly release.

My next Lua experiments revolve around exploiting accessing ETTR exposure.

I honestly wouldn't say I have a real project yet.

As I say the priority is to get the next Lua nightly, where I hope you have managed to fix a few things, critically driving the lens in both directions :-)

Cheers

Garry

Walter Schulz

garry23

Walter

I've got round this is my script as I start at the macro end and drive the lens to the infinity end, but stop before the infinity soft stop.

The key thing that I hope that David has fixed is Lua being able to drive the lens is both directions.

Cheers

Garry