DUAL ISO VIDEO MODE PROBLEM

Started by LucaDeFranco, February 01, 2016, 02:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LucaDeFranco

well in my a_lut_Folder there are 3 files and then i paste the one u told me....should i remove those 3 files? ( which are : MLV_RAW_dng_dcraw_any:command.txt - MLV_RAW:dng_gamma_2.4_0.txt - MLV_RAW_dng_straight_to_prores444.txt )

LucaDeFranco

well in my a_lut_Folder there are 3 files and then i paste the one u told me....should i remove those 3 files? ( which are : MLV_RAW_dng_dcraw_any:command.txt - MLV_RAW:dng_gamma_2.4_0.txt - MLV_RAW_dng_straight_to_prores444.txt )

Danne

Shouldn,t matter if they are still there. You could try with only the repack file though.

LucaDeFranco

One thing...the thing u told me of the wheel in automator etc.....in my case when i right click on the folder automator doesnt open at all...all the files start to appear  Dng by Dng till it is finished so maybe it is doing it in background

Danne

The DNG files should get a little smaller in size after repacking. if 5MB they end up to something like 4.6MB. This way you can tell that the repacking took effect.
If you can upload a test sample RAW file that would be good.
The automator wheel is simply a very small icon on top of the screen. Showing?

LucaDeFranco

Danne how do i know the first size if im doing the operation on the MLV file?

LucaDeFranco

Ok i just made the dng conversion as i was doing before and the DNG is 3.96M and when i do the operations on the mac the file that i get back is 3.49M

Danne

So, is it working?
Also check with and without audio file to see if that could be the problem?

LucaDeFranco

No the problem is not the audio file it doesnt work anyway....i just downloaded the new source from the thread hoping it will work

LucaDeFranco

while i launch move_binaries.command in the shell it says MPV missing

Danne

Mpv is optional so shouldn,t be needed. DO you have a sample file I could test over here and send you back?

LucaDeFranco

do u want me to send the MLV file or the dngs?

LucaDeFranco

Danne

It,s a little big. Could you find something smaller? Or upload the big one if you like. Only takes a little longer. I would need the MLV or RAW file.

LucaDeFranco

Ill make a smaller one right away

Danne

Here is 10 of your DNG files converted and repacked. I took out the audio. Tell me if it works.
https://sprend.com/download.htm?C=f7806b2145e2463d9fc245749ade941a

LucaDeFranco

yes it works ...premiere pro reads the file...i also saw that the extension is in capital letters ( DNG ) does it change anything?

Danne

Yes.
Can you zip your version of MLP and send it to me. It,s in the ~/Library/Services/ folder.

do this. Press shift + cmd + g. In the prompt copy paste ~/Library/Services/ to get to the MLP workflow.

There could be a problem with exiftool or dcraw which could be related to either your OS X version or who knows.

LucaDeFranco

Im doing it....Danne im writing from italy ...here is very night time so after the file is loaded i might not answer u for a little while...anyway ill get in contact asap. I gotta solve this for night shootings.
Thank you for your time and if it is not too invasive for u and there is a way to talk on a more immediate platform im sure we can solve it very quickly , cause i think im mistaking something very simple which is under my nose. Any way thank u

Danne

Not sure why it,s not working. It,s working here. You can try to replace exiftool with an older build. It,s in the content folder inside the workflow. Replace with this.
https://sprend.com/download.htm?C=3cfe63813c7d444092c5b27c7aaa172d

If that isn,t working try updating your system to E lCapitan.

LucaDeFranco

Danne my problem is that the mac i have is very old ( about 8 years ) and i cant update to el capitan...if this way won't work is there any way to do it on windows? i can't afford to not shoot dual iso in night enviroments. thanks

Danne

Did you try the link I sent?
Try also to install both exiftool and dcraw to your system.

And I also recommend MLVFS. Dual iso works fine there too.