64Gb SDXC + MacBoot + extend.m Script = Madness

Started by lekid, July 25, 2012, 09:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lekid

Hi, I'm like all of you, very excited. I was almost done installing the new version when it came to my SDXC card.
As told, I formatted it... Install the files including the autoexec.bin and I've read about creating a script called extend.m

I did everything except the last action. I've installed ML firmware on my camera (T3i) because I have other cards (normal SD)
with ML files on them. I've read that for the 64Gb SDXC... you have to go the MacBoot way. Anyone here knowing what I am talking
about? Should I make a script or is MacBoot doing everything for ya?

Thanks in advance for the help!

LeKiD

Pimmsoclock

Perhaps someone can offer some support for me too?

First time user to ML and really excited to learn more.  I've successfully installed and started exploring features on my 550D with a 2gb Sandisk Uktra II card.  However I am not able to get ML working with my larger 64gb Transcend SDXC card?

I think the problem is that I am not able to make the card DSLR-bootable via Macboot.  I select the right card sizes but it returns this error code:

dd: /dev/disk1s1: Permission denied'
   return code was 1
Command 'diskutil mountDisk disk1' = 'Volume(s) mounted successfully'
   return code was 0

Any ideas?

ausgirlinuk

i am having a similar problem with EOSCard.
I've tried everything to get ML 2.3 to install on my 64gb SDXC class 10 card (for 600d firmware 1.0.2)
made it a bootdisk via EOSCard, made sure when extracting to root folder it has an autoexec file, but everytime I try to do the firmware upgrade on the camera, I get the same error everytime - 'update file cannot be found. please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again'.
please help... i forked out good $$ for 64gB class 10 cards and now I find out I should have bought 32gb class 6 cards instead. doh!

Kuranai

I have the same Problem with my new Sandisk Card. It workt with the old Transcendent, but now i have that same error message:

dd: /dev/disk2s1: Permission denied'
   return code was 1

Has anyome found a solution?

EDIT: Root Access under Mountain Lion, evething explained here:
http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/macboot/macboot.html

Great service, sorry for bothering!

carlmatthews

Did anyone manage to come up with a solution for this, Im really struggling - trying to get ML installed on my 128gb sdcard but coming up with the same error on macboot - dd: /dev/disk1s1: Permission denied'

hope someone can help
thanks

Walter Schulz