Dual iso files and support Aurora HDR

Started by xorpi, December 10, 2015, 07:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xorpi

Hello. Your Magic Lantern is a perfect tweak for Canon. When used on Canon EOS 700D I thought I used a new camera. Please would it be possible to cooperate with MacPhun and direct support in their new application for bracketing photoshots - Aurora HDR - http://aurorahdr.com/ for direct support your dual iso files and compilated Dual ISO shots???

Please!!! :)
Think Dynamic! #HDR #BW 📸

Photography & FineArt by photofrano 🎨   
www.fb.com/PHOTOFRANO & www.500px.com/PHOTOFRANO

dmilligan

You are asking the wrong people. If you want a proprietary application to support ML stuff, then you need to ask the developer of that proprietary application.

Magic Lantern and the various post processing tools associated with it are free and open source and released under the GPL. Anyone is free to use and modify them as they see fit. However, GPL'ed code may not be used in a proprietary application unless the developer is willing to also release his source code under the same terms.

Please read:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13335.0

xorpi

Good day. This view of the developments and in particular usability for a wide base of users is considerably limited. Tools for dual ISO on OSX El Capitan is completely unusable - Turning off System protection of the integrity and copying files into hidden system folders is very unsafe and something like this is not acceptable to do for professional users and photographers. Dual ISO is revolutionary technology with perfect results, but at current stage is is toy for programmers rather than professional tool due this limitation. Maybe joining with larger software studio would attract more users as this can became part of for instance with Aurora HDR by McPhun could be mutually beneficial. You would have a stable platform that could be recommended to professionals that need to work with dual ISO files.
Think Dynamic! #HDR #BW 📸

Photography & FineArt by photofrano 🎨   
www.fb.com/PHOTOFRANO & www.500px.com/PHOTOFRANO

Walter Schulz

"Our" resources are rather limited and development is done in time not going into work/family/other stuff. And it is for free. There may be rather long periods of inactivity/slow development. In fact: That's what is going on with main repository right now.

Companies can't go this way and - as far as I can tell - will not be that happy going without schedules/deadlines/NDAs/...
It's not a match made in heaven, IMHO.
So please contant the other side and ask them if they want to find a way incorporating Dual-ISO support on their own.

Ottoga

If the tools you want don't work on an Apple PC then maybe consider buying a Windows PC. The Dual ISO tools work fine on Windows.

Plenty of really cheap (< $300) pcs that will do the job just fine.
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

dmilligan

Quote from: xorpi on December 11, 2015, 01:59:46 PM
Tools for dual ISO on OSX El Capitan is completely unusable - Turning off System protection of the integrity and copying files into hidden system folders is very unsafe and something like this is not acceptable to do for professional users and photographers.
This is entirely false and utter nonsense. I run cr2hdr just fine without fooling with SIP, AND there is even a Lightroom plugin that is super easy to use (Danne also has some nice Automator workflows and scripts).  Your arguments about dual ISO not being accessible are complete nonsense.

DeafEyeJedi

Excellent post by @dmilligan and I second that as well!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

josepvm

And cr2hdr works also perfectly for me on Linux, and I can easily import Dual-ISO images in Darktable, Rawtherapee, LuminanceHDR, ZeroNoise, GIMP... and not in that fancy "AuroraHDR" that you are advertising, because it only runs on Mac.

So having command line tools for processing ML files is not a bad thing: this way they are easily portable to all platforms and can be integrated in many, many different workflows.