FilmConvert workflows for ML Raw footage

Started by QuickHitRecord, November 17, 2015, 06:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuickHitRecord

I have been trying to convert my footage to LOG (either BMD or ARRI color managed) and then applying the corresponding FilmConvert setting (treating it like a LUT), but that's not giving me good results at all. I get an extremely underexposed image with that workflow.

I'm just curious what has been working for other shooters!
5DmIII | January 27 2017 Nightly Build (Firmware: 1.23) | KomputerBay 256GB CF Cards (1066x & 1200x)

arrinkiiii

QuickHitRecord

@mothaibaphoto

I looked it up, but I still don't get it.

@arrinkiiii

I have CineLog, but as I recall that didn't play nicely with the FilmConvert ARRI LOG C settings either.
5DmIII | January 27 2017 Nightly Build (Firmware: 1.23) | KomputerBay 256GB CF Cards (1066x & 1200x)

arrinkiiii

uhmmm i dont remember well, i know that after you aply cinelog you have one LUT in the pack that transform to Arri... but drop a line in the post of Andy (Cinelog).

Kharak

Use OpenColor IO

Set Input to Cinelog-C ACR Input.

Output to Arri Log-C with Film Matrix.

Arri Camera - Log C in filmconvert. Comes out nice for me.

If it is still too dark, then your Colour Space in your program might be off, are you using Resolve?
once you go raw you never go back

QuickHitRecord

I'll try that (I am using Resolve 12). Thank you.

baldavenger

You might get favourable results by choosing Rec 709 as Input Colorspace, Cineon Log Film as Timeline Colorspace, and Bypass as Output Colorspace in Resolve project settings.

In FilmConvert, in the camera settings choose Canon, 5D mkIII, Resolve ML RAW BMD Film.

That should give you a good starting point.
EOS 5D Mark III | EOS 600D | Canon 24-105mm f4L | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 50mm f1.4 | Samyang 14mm T3.1 | Opteka 8mm f3.5