5d mark ii crash when on live view

Started by necro, November 30, 2015, 09:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

necro

Help me pls... My 5d mark2 crash when turn on live view with colored lines on monitor. Only 1 time was err70. I have access to menu and foto, but when turn on live view camera crashes and i need get out the battery then.
I saw this page - http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/unbricking, first point. But hdmi monitor did not helped.
I don't see any logs on flash. How i can get crash logs ?

Walter Schulz

necro

Now yes. But first step i deinstalled him. And tried official driver. Now installed ML again.

necro

When i tried to plug in hdmi monitor ML was uninstalled. Is this important ?

Walter Schulz

Backup ML/logs/ROM0.BIN and ROM1.BIN. Do you have older versions of these files?

Quote from: necro on November 30, 2015, 09:30:18 PM
When i tried to plug in hdmi monitor ML was uninstalled.

Not sure what you are trying to say. Please explain.

necro

QuoteBackup ML/logs/ROM0.BIN and ROM1.BIN. Do you have older versions of these files?
No. i dont (
QuoteNot sure what you are trying to say. Please explain.
I gave link. Threre was post that external hdmi monitor helped in same problem. This did not help me. But when i pluged in external monitor ML was uninstalled.
And sry for my english...

Walter Schulz

Please use your native language and try to explain what happened.

necro

My language is russian. I dont think that will be better to understand...
But ok:
Камера ломается только когда включаешь Live View. В остальном работает и меню и фото. Первый раз это произошло при записи видео. Все нормально записывалось и вдруг она повисла. С тех пор при включении live view камера сразу перестает реагировать на любые клавиши и на экране в основном показываются цветные полосы. Помогает только вытащить аккумулятор. Я дурак не сохранил первые ROM файлы. Пробовал обнулять все настройки, переставлять прошивку и на официальную и обратно Magic Lantern. Один раз была ошибка err70. По той ссылке что я написал было решение подключить внешний HDMI монитор. Я попробовал и мне не помогло. Но в момент подключения ML Не стояло в камере.

Walter Schulz

a1ex

necro

reddeercity

Quote from: necro on November 30, 2015, 09:21:41 PM
How i can get crash logs ?
If any crash logs exist there will be on the root of the CF Card if you have ML installed.
So you only got "Error 70" Once ?  was or is there other error messages ?
Here is a list of all the Canon Error Codes & Messages from Canon.
I have had Error 70  on my 5D Markii many times , but that was with very old Nighty builds when I was using HDMI hard drive recorder connected  back in late 2013  ,
Even on recent builds if you press the navigation menu buttons too quickly you can get Error 70.
If I see error 70 , I pull the battery out first them turn off the power switch , then reinstall battery close battery door and wait for the red LED to flash once then power up.
Which Nighty build date are you using ?

necro

QuoteWhich Nighty build date are you using ?
I use last magiclantern-Nightly.2015Nov15.5D2212.
QuoteSo you only got "Error 70" Once ?  was or is there other error messages ?
When i press live view, camera crash and continue to show on top monitor usual parameters like exposure etc. But once there was err 70. Did not see other errors.

necro

No any way to do something in this situation?...

reddeercity

Maybe if you can take a short video of what's happen, that will help us solve the issue .
nothing fancy a cell phone video is good enough e.g. iPhone etc... and then post it here.
Maybe start with the bootup , then show what you do to get it to lockup or freeze etc... .