Raw video zebras

Started by guilhermecapelo, November 29, 2015, 10:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guilhermecapelo

Hello everyone I have a Canon EOS 700D and I have this problem where raw I shoot using the magic lantern video then gets some bars in the image even going to the computer please help me and sorry for being poorly written because this is translated from Portuguese. 
Image: https://plus.google.com/+GuilhermeLopesgfclopes/posts/K7gtyQmhjPF

arrinkiiii

That don't look zebras... send one DNG

dmilligan

Search for focus pixel removal.

dirty_dollar

I have the same problem (
Did u cure it ??

dmilligan

Apparently this:

Quote from: dmilligan on November 30, 2015, 01:12:36 AM
Search for focus pixel removal.

is too much work for you guys, so let me get you started:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16054

guilhermecapelo

But still I can not get I wanted a way of shooting out right canon and then not having to fix the computer because I'm not succeeding. can explain how the camera correct the error of pixels because this only happens with the magic lantern

dmilligan

Impossible. We cannot manipulate raw data in real-time. You have to fix them on the computer, there is no other way.

If your goal is to shoot straight out of the camera and not need to do any extra post processing, then you shouldn't really be using raw video in the first place.

dirty_dollar

dmilligan

dfort

Hi @guilhermecapelo and @dirty_dollar welcome to the Magic Lantern forum. I noticed that you are new members and have only made a few posts. May I suggest to have a good experience here to please post to the appropriate topic. This particular topic is about raw video zebras.

dmilligan has already pointed you in the right direction, what you are experiencing are the focus pixels on your cameras' sensor that become visible when shooting raw video. There are many discussions and solutions to that issue, just dig around the forum a bit before posting.

dirty_dollar