600D totally dead

Started by Luminux, November 28, 2015, 12:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luminux

Hi,
I was shooting a stop motion movie using the live view, when my Canon T3i/600d (with ML Nightly.2015Apr19.600D102) froze.
The monitor remained on but frozen, and the camera didn't respond to any command. The fact that the monitor was on makes me think it's not a power issue.
When I switched the camera off it responded to this, the mirror went down (it was up, since I was shooting in live view) and the camera shut down.
The SD inside was a 16GB Sandisk SDHC.

Then NOTHING.

I tried everything: I changed four different charged original and non original batteries, tried with a battery grip, cleaned the contacts, pushed the battery and SD little things that are pushed by closing the doors, turned on in every dial mode, tried a 64GB SDXC Sandisk with the same Magic Lantern installed, took in and out the batteries and the SDs, downloaded the Portable display test, downloaded the LED test, removed the lense, formatted the 16GB from PC in FAT32, run EOScard EOS_DEVELOP and BOOTDISK checked and put the autoexec.bin for the diagnostic tests in the card, put the diagnostic things on the 64GB unformatted card.

NOTHING. No sound, no LED. No signs of life.

Do I still have any hope? The warranty costs won't probably be worth it.
Thanks.

hjfilmspeed

Hmmmm not to go back in time because that never helps but for the future if something ever happens like that again, never power off using the power switch. If I understand this correctly, your supposed to pull the battery because it wipes the last configuration if the camera. Basically it won't save the faulty settings. Also sometimes canon hardware could fail and that's not necessarily ML. You said you switched it to all the modes right? Did you try custome mode on the dial? Also, are you using a original Canon Battery? That's very important never use knock offs. Sorry if you have already read all this but just throwing my ideas out.

Luminux

Yeah I know I had to pull the battery off...
Anyway, there's no Custom Mode on the 600D, and when this happened I was using a Patona battery, which is a trustworthy brand, not a cheap chinese one.
:(

arrinkiiii

Luminux

Update: the camera drains a lot of battery when I insert it, even if there are no signs of life.