How to view video properly?

Started by sashk0, July 24, 2012, 10:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sashk0

Hi guys, I have a question for those of you, who are more advanced than me in video-making:
when I watch video I've made on my 5Dmk2 (w/o usage of ML) in different media players I see it in differrent quality and I have a strong feeling that I it is looks worse that it really is 
I suggest that the picture I get on my screen depends on renderer and settings that are used in player (f.e. MPC & Haali renderer shows blurry  picture)?

can you please recommend me from your own experience in which way can I see the real quality of my video?

system: PC-win7

nanomad

I usually use VLC and it works just fine
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

KarateBrot

if you're referring to the contrast of the footage: the common media players all have got an own gamma setting. you need to change the gamma curve if it's possible
If you donate a RED EPIC to me you officially are very cool ;)

sashk0

Kromofone

My personal use:
I personally use Media Player Classic - Home Cinema with ffdshow decoder! This is the perfect combination for me, as it is not laggy, and quite ''soft'' on my processor! I can view fullHD 1080p footage on a 7 year old computer with an Intel Core2Duo 1.8 GHz, and it works fine, real time, and there is barely any stress on the CPU and the graphics card!

Hope this help you in any way!