slightly jumpy footage

Started by jbggump, November 16, 2015, 06:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbggump

Hey there,
I posted this video in the "share your video" last week, but realized I should have posted here to ask my question.  At 1:32, you can pick up the video doing weird things.  There might be some minor before and after that as well.  Could this be moire? 

Thanks.

Jed

http://tinyurl.com/3101PleasantGreen

5dmkIII
24fps, 1920
Sandisk extreme pro 160/mbs
MLVFS for DNG
Davinci to convert to BND and do mostly global adjustments shadow/highlight/exposure
Premiere to adjust contrast and a little more on shadow/highlight
Neat video and sharpen
Export via media encoder to the Vimeo 1080 preset. 

Walter Schulz

"1:32": You mean outside viewed through window overexposed?

jbggump

Quote from: Walter Schulz on November 16, 2015, 07:07:58 PM
"1:32": You mean outside viewed through window overexposed?

Sorry i wasn't specific...the cabinet/closet thing seems to be jumpy on the right hand side, and the wall on the right has it as well. 

Walter Schulz

Is footage (unprocessed source) jumpy in MLrawViewer, too?

Kharak

Hard to tell what it is when the footage is compressed to h264.

But I can't see any Moire and the closets really don't look like having the Grid material to produce Moire.

My guess is the Low Noise Channel in Neat Video is doing some funky stuff, because from what I can tell it looks like the wall is shifting around in big chuncks, but it might aswell be h264 blocking. Hard to tell. But I don't see any Moire whatsoever
once you go raw you never go back

jbggump

I played with some more footage, and I think it is actually coming from the shadow/highlight from Premiere.  Strange...  Thanks for the replies. 

DeafEyeJedi

It's probably not a good idea to play with Shadows/Highlights again in NLE especially if you already did them in DR like you just confirmed right now.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109