vertical stripes correction

Started by qqqavi, October 31, 2015, 07:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qqqavi

Hi everyone.

I wanted to share my tests about trying to remove the vertical stripes from my .mlv footage using different applications. I'm new to ML so please feel free to share your thoughts (maybe something wrong was done on my tests).

Canon 7D ML Nightly.2015Aug19.7D203, .mlv files. The blueish footage was shot with ISO 100. The cat's footage was shot using ISO 200. Both were overexposed in post, so the vertical stripes be more visible.

Here are the results:

1. MLRawViewer 1.4.3 with Stripe Correction On: It successfully removed the vertical stripes. However, there's some magenta in the shadows area (look at the 2nd image of the cat head below) 

2. Raw2cdng.1.6.5 with Vertical Banding ON: Failed to remove vertical stripes

3. raw2cdng.1.7.4 with Vertical Banding ON: Failed to remove vertical stripes

4. Mlv_dump with: Failed to remove vertical stripes

5. MLVMystic 0.5 (beta) with Vertical Stripes Fix 5D MIII: Failed to remove vertical stripes As the name says, perhaps works better only on 5D

In the image below you can compare the results of MLRawViewer 1.4.3 with Stripe Correction On & Off

Thank you.

qqqavi

Audionut

Stripe correction in MLRawViewer 1.4.3 seems to be working.

DeafEyeJedi

FYI -- Stripe corrections from @dmilligan's MLVFS works just as well if not better.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

arrinkiiii

This  http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=15271.0 also have the vertical stripes correction, i have try and didn't have good results but try.

qqqavi

Thank you guys for your replies.
I haven't tried the MLVFS yet.
MLVProducer looked promising, I've done some tests but without success. Perhaps because it is still a beta version.
Regarding the mlv raw applications in general. For now, I'm only interested in converting the mlv files to dngs. I know that each one shares a lot in common and, at the same time suits different needs, but which one do you think is better? Why there are so many? Have you experienced any differences in the demosaicing algorithms that could affect the final quality using a specific application? Maybe I'm just asking a silly question.

chmee

please send me an mlv/raw-example to [email protected]. shorten the file with mlvdiag. i just need at least one functional frame in a raw/mlv-container..

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

Kharak

I can't get MLVdiag to work, I am probably doing something wrong, but I am dragging the RAW file that needs vertical stripe correction on to MLVdiag but nothing is happening. Also tried opening the file with MLVdiag by "open with.."

MLVdiag 1.0.1
once you go raw you never go back